Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first time posting here, I hope I am doing it right.
I have a 2005 CL500 on which I have changed the suspension to traditional coil over struts. I purchased a regular MB power steering pump to do away with the tandem pump and high pressure hose. I was going to do the work myself, but have since decided, to have it done. My problem now, is that I haven't been able to find a mechanic that will agree to do the work for me.
Does anyone know a shop that might take this job on, preferably in the Marietta area?

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Thanks for the Intro ed!

Henry, have you driven a car that was swapped from ABC to conventional suspension? Only reason I ask is the ride quality is GREATLY diminished. ABC is a costly bit of kit but it Is what makes your S class Coupe feel like an S class. The car was never designed to have springs and struts, the most obvious indicator is the lack of sway bars.

That said, if you are still keen on making the swap getting the power steering sorted subsequently should be a none issue...it is a Goodly bit of work hour wise but we have tackled Far more complicated tasks.

Ping me via 404.805.1357 if you'd like us to help

jono

1 - 3 of 3 Posts