Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
The SLK32 LOVES the cold weather, once it is warmed up....I always drive mine IF
it is dry and the parking lots at work are free from salt. I prefer to drive with the top down, but this morning at 11F, I decided to drive to work with the top up.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Took mine out for a stretch last week when the weather was in the low 70's. Never fails when I take her (the 32)out that some idiot want to "race". An older gentleman, in a Nissan 350 stated "is that a mercedes attempt to make a sports car?". Well, at the next light when he caught up with his mouth wide open asked "what after market partd do I have for the engine. I told him the car was stocked and left him at that sitting at the light.
People never learn.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL!

Took mine out for a stretch last week when the weather was in the low 70's. Never fails when I take her (the 32)out that some idiot want to "race". An older gentleman, in a Nissan 350 stated "is that a mercedes attempt to make a sports car?". Well, at the next light when he caught up with his mouth wide open asked "what after market partd do I have for the engine. I told him the car was stocked and left him at that sitting at the light.
People never learn.
:):)
I do that with my jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9. I love ricers...especially the slack jaw look they have after several beatings!
:eek:

·
Registered
438 Posts
The lowest temp I have had the roof down was 48-49 degrees. That was 3 weeks ago when we had an unusual warm whether. I also got rid of the "old air" trapped in the car.
:)jerry

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have been known to put the top down at a 'warm' 30F. If anyone remembers that Superbowl commercial a couple of years ago, that showed a driver frozen at a traffic light in a top down convertible (I think it was a Mustang), on a very cold day. Everyone in my family immediately said, that's Michael. My coldest top down was 15F. I had a passenger who knew my tendency to always drive topless, and joked why isn't the top down. So next stop, it was down, and stayed down till we got to our destination.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Never fails when I take her (the 32)out that some idiot want to "race". An older gentleman, in a Nissan 350 stated "is that a mercedes attempt to make a sports car?".
I luv destroying the dreams of idiots in their 350Zs. Somehow, those guys were all convinced their 350Z is the fastest car out there. At least once a week I have to put one in it's place.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a 1972 88" Land Rover with an original NA 2.25 diesel engine - 60hp pushing 3750lbs of the most non-aerodynamic car ever built - truly a motorised garden shed! I'm driving it one day on a long straight double carriage-way. At a red light I pull up next to a guy in a neat new Porsche cabrio. So I lean out the window and jokingly ask him if he wants to race. Well the jerk didn't see the joke at all...you should have seem take off from that red light - I nearly laughed myself silly. Some folk have no sense of humour at all!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
best story of a race ever! LOL!

I have a 1972 88" Land Rover with an original NA 2.25 diesel engine - 60hp pushing 3750lbs of the most non-aerodynamic car ever built - truly a motorised garden shed! I'm driving it one day on a long straight double carriage-way. At a red light I pull up next to a guy in a neat new Porsche cabrio. So I lean out the window and jokingly ask him if he wants to race. Well the jerk didn't see the joke at all...you should have seem take off from that red light - I nearly laughed myself silly. Some folk have no sense of humour at all!
:):):)

·
Registered
742 Posts
A couple of Saturday's ago in the early AM hours, in my SLK32, I was coming home from a family get together, watching a UFC fight on TV. At a light, my brother pulled up to my left, in his new pick-up truck, and starting revving the engine. I revved my engine and jumped the car forward a little, pretending to want to race off of the light. Then I saw a Mustang to his left, who also was revving his engine. When the light changed, we (my brother and I) both took off 'normal' BECAUSE we both saw the State Trooper about 1/8 mile down the road. The Mustang did not, and was immediatley pulled over. We both drove by (at the spedd limit) and had a good laugh together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts