Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 2002 s500, I got the right tools but it wont just come out when I pull, any tips how-to? thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I got the tools and Im pretty sure you just have to pull it out, but still its not coming out, maybe beacause I didnt get the orginal MB tools?

·
Registered
181 Posts
well I got the tools and Im pretty sure you just have to pull it out, but still its not coming out, maybe beacause I didnt get the orginal MB tools?
Gixxer, I as well have a 2002 S500, and have had the Cluster replaced three (3) times. I have seen the MB Dealer Pull it, and they put those two (2) shives, for lack of a better word, in the slots and the Cluster pulled right out.

Just curious why are you pulling the cluster? There is a MB recall/program on these POS.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my check engine light is not coming on when I start the car, and cant pass emision test because of that

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2000 S500 and I had the same problem. the check engine light didn't come on when I started the car. I thought it was the bulb, but it wasn't. I pulled the cluster out and found that there is no bulb for the check engine light.

The problem was that the cluster had to be reconfigured. You will have to take it to the dealer to get that done. the dealer charged me $60 to do it, but they said that it usually will cost about $100.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a 2000 S500 and I had the same problem. the check engine light didn't come on when I started the car. I thought it was the bulb, but it wasn't. I pulled the cluster out and found that there is no bulb for the check engine light.

The problem was that the cluster had to be reconfigured. You will have to take it to the dealer to get that done. the dealer charged me $60 to do it, but they said that it usually will cost about $100.
I tend to agree with you Legend, as the instrument clusters require coding, A good service advisor can actually do it with a laptop, and of course, a tech can do it as well.

The question would be why is not illuminating? I guess the the cluster could have been replaced and whoever coded it did not check everything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the 2000 S500 and mine didn't have a light bulb.

Took it to the dealer and they just reconfigured the cluster and it works.

I'm not really sure about the 2002 model, but I'm guessing it would be same.

I would call the dealer and have them check it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts