Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around the EPC today and checking prices on the DCAG website. Makes me want to do whatever I can to protect the carpeting in the rear cargo area. Replacement cost is €665,--. Ouch!! I could get a whole room in my house done for that price!

·
Registered
111.010 121.942 202.033
1,850 Posts
How much is the rubber tray that covers it? I got the rubber mats for my passenger carpet. It is really nice stuff. Fit/Finish perfect.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mb230s - 3/2/2005 9:14 AM

How much is the rubber tray that covers it? I got the rubber mats for my passenger carpet. It is really nice stuff. Fit/Finish perfect.
I have no idea of the price and it's no longer shown on the accessories page of MBUSA.

I use vinyl carpet runner back there. Works well and is very cost effective.[8D]

·
Registered
G 500, 55K
486 Posts
Cocomats make a wonderful rubber backed product that I have been using and they have a mat for the back. It also seems to absorb sound more than other mats. I think the webstie is www.cocomat.com. He already has the G pattern and sent three rear mats which fit better than stock.

·
Registered
03 G500
56 Posts
This is the response I’ve got by ORC about their cargo matts for a post 2000 463:

“the cargo area tub with part no. 07-112 only fit to the G models till ´99. Till
the model 2000 there was a change in the cargo area, so the area tub don´t fit to the new
models.

We only have the TAKLA area covering, that fit to the new models.

Best regards

O R C - Ostfildern
Daniela Baur�

That TAKLA does not look very nice…and not very rugged. Looks more like a soccer mom cargo matt.
We are SOL

On the other hand parkplacemotorcars has the original cargo tray for $100:

http://store.yahoo.com/parkplacemotorcars/mercedes4.html

But that cover does not cover the wheels…

Any other “economical� covers???

Thanks

·
Registered
'05 G55K - Stolen; '87 560SL - Sold
469 Posts
MBUSA has the "cargo tray" at $109

Go to MBUSA website ... then 'Build Your Own' ...... then 'G500 SUV' ... then tab 'Step 3' ... it's at the bottom of that page.

·
Registered
02 G500
114 Posts
I bought the cargo tray from my dealer for 105. It fits perfectly and has a lip around the whole mat for liquid spillage.I would hope they still produce them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts