Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The tailgate of my girlfriend's 2007 C180 has an annoying rattle which seems to be caused by the trim between the glass and edge of the tailgate having come adrift somehow.

Does anyone have a step-by-step guide - preferably with pictures - detailing how to remove the trim so that I can see how to secure it back? I am loath to just start pulling stuff, as I played that game with an XJ6 and broke practically every clip holder in the process!

· Registered
2 Posts
Tailgate trim vibration

I have the same problem with my 2007 c class sports coupe. The dealer removed all the trim, replaced broken and missing clips, added some padding but the problem persists. I am surprised no-one on this forum has answered your message. Perhaps they are waiting for you to pay for the advice?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. My g/f resorted to having the dealer "fix" it, which worked for a total of 3 days!
Perhaps they are waiting for you to pay for the advice?
Huh? Not that I would - I belong to and contribute to many, many other forums, none of which ask particpants to pay to receive advice - but how would I do that?

· Registered
2 Posts
Tailgate rattle

There are ads on this forum where you can pay "Mercedes Experts" to answer your problem. Like you I have never fallen for this because I don't know how expert the experts are and whether I shall get a real solution to my problem. Your plea for advice on how to remove the tailgate trim without damaging it seems very straightforward ( I would like to know, too) and I can't believe no-one on this forum has come forward.

My car has just been booked in again for the rattle. I know where it is and I could fix it by shoving a wedge between the glass and the trim but that would be very crude. I shall see what the dealer comes up with next week. By the way, looking at other forums it would appear that C Class Mercedes, even brand new ones, are plagued with rattles due to the use of poor quality plastics material in the trim. Great shame that the pursuit of the bottom line has devalued a great marque!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.