Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015, ML250 BlueTEC 4W
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAVING PROBLEM WHEN USING THE MANUAL OPENING ON EXTERIOR OF HATCH. IT STARTS TO OPEN APPROX 2" AND THEN CLOSES. HAVE NOT HAD THIS PROBLEM WHEN USING THE REMOTE.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

·
Registered
Many different MBZs
138 Posts
HAVING PROBLEM WHEN USING THE MANUAL OPENING ON EXTERIOR OF HATCH. IT STARTS TO OPEN APPROX 2" AND THEN CLOSES. HAVE NOT HAD THIS PROBLEM WHEN USING THE REMOTE.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?
I had this same problem with my 2010 GLK350 4MATIC about 18 months ago.
It started the same way as you have said – the tailgate would act up only (occasionally) when you manually tried to open it.
It progressed to not opening correctly with the Remote, and the Tailgate Open / Close button located on the driver’s door.
Like I said – this problem would not happen all the time, but intermittently.
I took it to the dealer 2 times – the first time they could not duplicate the problem.
But on the second trip it (luckily) was acting up right in front of them.
They replaced the motor, and control devices that control the tailgate.
It was quite a job, in that they had to remove the entire headliner as the motor for the tailgate is located up in the ceiling of the car.
They also stated that the tailgate problem seems to be (at that time) centered in the first 1500 or so GLKs.
Mine is an early one – bought in Jan 2009 as a 2010 model.
After this fix I have had no problems with the tailgate operation at all.
Take yours to your dealer and they should be more aware of the problem now.
I hope this helps you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing. Brought it to the dealer for the Service B and told them about the tailgate. They said there was a new software upgrade for the car. The fixed it and now it works

1 - 3 of 3 Posts