Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My tail lights don't work at all! All the fuses are clean and new. the turn signals work, but none of the rear lights work. No brake lights, no running lights, no parking lights and no reverse lights. the bulbs are all fine.

And the Brake warning light is on in the car, I assume this has to do with that?

Is there a tail light relay?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, they are plugged in. The left tail light is slightly broken where you suggested it might need a screw. I will be adressing that this afternoon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IT WORKS!

So I had just put in a new turn signal relay, my thought process was something is fucked up with wiring and that might be causeing my problems, so I go pull the turn signal relay, the other relay (very long) right beside it feels loose. I push it back in, check lights, they work!

Every light that had an issue now works.

Now, time to change a tire and eplace a pitman arm... but we don't have a part called a pitman arm... that's a new thread going up in a second.

·
Registered
2013 E350 sedan, 2013 E350 cab, 1993 400E sold,1999 ML320
2,424 Posts
That is the bulb out indicator/headlight relay, when it goes bad or is loose it effects all external light depending on what is wrong with it. When it fails its usually the headlights or fog lights that dont work first.

·
Premium Member
1993 300CE Cabriolet (mine) ; 1994 E320 Wagon (wife's) ; 1990 Benz 300E 2.6 (son's)
6,833 Posts

·
Registered
1989 W124 260E Saloon. M103 lump.
1,618 Posts
Rooster Lot of confusion , as members ,well some of us dont know what car your takling about .Please fill in your profile .I look for answers , only to find that the car the problem is with is not the right one .

·
Registered
1 Posts
My tail lights don't work at all! All the fuses are clean and new. the turn signals work, but none of the rear lights work. No brake lights, no running lights, no parking lights and no reverse lights. the bulbs are all fine.

And the Brake warning light is on in the car, I assume this has to do with that?

Is there a tail light relay?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts