Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CLK430
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help, was checking all my lights today, all seem to be fine, except the tail lights that are integrated into the trunk lid.
i know there is one bulb on the drivers side that is a REAR FOG LIGHT sorta...
however there is still another set of bulbs on the trunk lid, uder the red part of the lens.
i assume they are the same as the red nightime rear running light located adjacent in the rear quarterpanels, however the light in the trunk lid part never come on.
anyone confirm their function? are they fused separate?
my license plate lights both work. rear fog light works.
checked both bulbs, they look perfect and no corrosion anywhere...
they are fairly large bulbs locked into a large plastic hub that twists in and out of the tailight area from inside the trunk lid, easy access, just arent working????
PS i do have dual 12 inch subs in the trunk for about 8yrs now;)
hopefully someone knows what these are for and what wires to wiggle or whatever.

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
Not sure on how the fuses are on those lights...how old are the bulbs? Might just be time to replace them. Check if they are single or double filament before purchasing new ones. It's possible the housings went bad, but I doubt that, I'd guess the bulbs go bad before that happens. Regarding fuses, check the manual, on the related fuses, could just be a bad fuse.

If you think the connection is a little fuzzy, remove the bulbs carefully and use a can of compressed air to clean the socket, and make sure the bulb screw is clean as well, then pop one in and see if you get lights when you hit the brakes or have someone put shift into reverse for you and see if they come on.

·
Registered
CLK430
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok figured it out last night.
there are not two bulbs in the circles, there is only one bulb, on the drivers side, that is the rear fog light.
the two bulbs are in the clear part of the lens, they are for reverse.
all bulbs working normally
(except my front fog lights GRRRR)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts