Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

tail light upgrade

927 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  STaRmark
Im just about to upgrade my 93 300se tail lights to the 99 red/clear.Does anyone know where i can pick the 97-99 tail light assemblies as inexpensive as possilbe and if so will i have to change the elecrtical connector for the new assembly.The old assembly does not fit the newer tail lights.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
BMW E36, MB W140
179 Posts
If you want cheap as possible, then you need to get the replicas (made in Taiwan)... it...

If you want cheap as possible, then you need to get the replicas (made in Taiwan)... its around $150-160usd for the left and right lens... since your car is a 93, you will need to get the middle strip as well, its about $100 for the German ones... so total will be around $250-260usd

The real made-in-Germany ones are around $230usd. Plus the middle strip, and its up to $330usd... its very hard to find the 97-99 taillights used from wreckers, because the w140 car doesn't get wrecked all that often, and in the odd cases you do find them, they are near the new price...

you will also need to grind the corners of your trunk, because the newer w140s had rounded edges (where it meets the lights)... the older w140s had sharp edges...

cheers

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry i think u mis understood me,i have all the lights and the strip already,i need the...

sorry i think u mis understood me,i have all the lights and the strip already,i need the assembly that holds the bulbs,the current one does not fit the new lights correctly.thanx...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.