·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
I agree with Gabby on the preference but if I were to choose between the two, I'd go smoked on a black car, I think.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I talked to the guy who sells them. He said they make white silver and black. Silver and black are for silver or black cars and white is for white cars or any other color. You are supposed to paint the white ones to match the body color of your car..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to the guy who sells them. He said they make white silver and black. Silver and black are for silver or black cars and white is for white cars or any other color. You are supposed to paint the white ones to match the body color of your car..

Ok, my car is black. But seems like general feeling is to stay away from the w221 taillight look and for for the 03+ taillights? Should I go clear or smoke on those? I really appreciate everyone's opinions on this :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Personally, I like the clear '03+ taillights.
I agree. This is a luxury car, I like to go for elegance. I have the 03 taillights.. I bought used OEM ones for $250 because I didn't like the look of the aftermarket ones in person.. they just seemed a little cheaper, and I wanted that pop look of the shiny OEM ones.. the headlights however looked good to me in OEM, but I garage my car all day, who knows how long the UV coating will last vs. factory, although factory looks like crap after 2-3 years too..

·
Registered
376 Posts
I don't think the W221 lights do the W220 tail justice. The 03+ with the thin lines create a visual effect that makes the car look wider and lower. It's not that the W221 look is bad, but I just don't feel it serves that body style well and creates more of the 00-02 effect.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the ones the op pasted in clear and if you look around for them they are led in the brake and park sections . I think if you could find the 03 up with both brake and park lights in led it would look best but I have not seen them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts