Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i don't own a Mercedes, but i like them, there is something i seen a few times and it really bothers me and hopefully someone can tell me what it is or if is normal or what... What bothers me is that one of the brake light stays brighter than the other, it looks stupid one light way brighter than other. Can someone tell me why is this beacuse a car that cost so much money it should not have that problem.

·
Registered
2000 Designo SLK-05 C230WK-05 E320CDi-2010 GLK 350
714 Posts
Most European cars and some of the US DOT versions of them have an additional rear fog light in addition to the usual front mounted fog lights and it has an extra bright narrow beam that is required to only light on the drivers side when it is selected. This is intended to make the car more visable to the driver following it in reduced visability conditions, and the reason for only lighting one side is to make sure you can still see a difference when the brakes are applied.

The reason you see these fog lights on so often is that most American drivers don't have a clue they are even on, let alone when it would be appropriate to use them.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
n5160u - 4/18/2005 1:58 AM

The reason you see these fog lights on so often is that most American drivers don't have a clue they are even on, let alone when it would be appropriate to use them.
Absolutely [:)], especially the new owners

1 - 3 of 3 Posts