Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get the tail light gaskets ? I don't see them in the aftermarket sets, and have heard a viscous rumor that they are not available from OEM. Can that be so ? Major damage on my car came from bad tail light gaskets :crybaby2:

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by that ? :) I could gain a burst of speed and need those sooner, than say this time next year ! (more likely!) Thanks Jim, I had heard they were not available, (incorrectly it seems) so wanted to start the hunt early ! Thanks again for the weatherstrip channel, Finished that yesterday! Onward and upward ! PS, watch your mail ! T.

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,596 Posts
LOL. After you posted that I went out and checked the Mail. Sure enough there was a check form Maynard. Mailed the packages the same day. so You should get yours tomorrow or so.

Unless I sent it to Texarkana, TX. instead of Eureka, CA. 1 digit wrong in the Zip code. Sheesh the robots in the USPS should be able to cover up my mistake.

They actually did and the package arrived save and sound.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get the tail light gaskets ? I don't see them in the aftermarket sets, and have heard a viscous rumor that they are not available from OEM. Can that be so ? Major damage on my car came from bad tail light gaskets :crybaby2:
Given the following comment on slow shipping, I suppose the "viscous rumor" you heard could be true! ;)

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,596 Posts
I doubt it. AH still lists them but substantially more price wise.
I was just commenting on that site and my experience. They have to order the part in some cases and it takes awhile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts