Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
99 SLK 200 K (M111.943, Eaton M62, 5 Speed Manual) SL55 AMG look, 18'' AMG style 4
143 Posts
Concerning your MS3 setup, what model and/or other equipment exactly are you using for throttle control? I'm thinking about purchasing one.
I strongly believe that my programmer didn't installed extra controller for the throttle. I would have that info. He was pride for making it work, but I never asked how he did it. We had bigger problems back then. I always thought that it worked it with the features of MS3. Am I that wrong, I don't know.
The problem is that Im on vacations, I can't reach the software or the car. What is the missing thing about the TPS with the speeduino you bought, and you want extra control?

·
Registered
2001 R170 SLK230K 6M Sport
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I strongly believe that my programmer didn't installed extra controller for the throttle. I would have that info. He was pride for making it work, but I never asked how he did it. We had bigger problems back then. I always thought that it worked it with the features of MS3. Am I that wrong, I don't know.
The problem is that Im on vacations, I can't reach the software or the car. What is the missing thing about the TPS with the speeduino you bought, and you want extra control?
No, My speeduino cannot control the throttle. I know that MS3 can control it, but must use some type of signal conditioner. Let me know when you return from vacation please!

Enjoy your time off!

Cheers!

·
Registered
99 SLK 200 K (M111.943, Eaton M62, 5 Speed Manual) SL55 AMG look, 18'' AMG style 4
143 Posts
No, My speeduino cannot control the throttle. I know that MS3 can control it, but must use some type of signal conditioner. Let me know when you return from vacation please!

Enjoy your time off!

Cheers!
Ok, that is what he was talking then. I ll search in the project to see how exactly he connect it, once I get back back by 15th Aug. Some weeks back I send him the car to make throttle response more faster & accurate. I got better results now, even than stock. I ll make a project comparison to see if it is something good there also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
MS3 cannot control the DBW throttle. Check out LPC8 it's what I am using on a m111 much much better than MS3 with similar pricing and prompt support from the manufacturer. Maybe the stock ECU was kept to control the throttle while the MS3 controlled the fuelling and ignition. If that's it then the speeduino will work too

·
Registered
2001 R170 SLK230K 6M Sport
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
MS3 cannot control the DBW throttle. Check out LPC8 it's what I am using on a m111 much much better than MS3 with similar pricing and prompt support from the manufacturer. Maybe the stock ECU was kept to control the throttle while the MS3 controlled the fuelling and ignition. If that's it then the speeduino will work too
That's exactly what I was thinking. While powerful, the MS3 doesn't have enough processing power to operate a complex dbw throttle assembly. There's just too much liability.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts