Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

synthetic lube in the rear end of not?

843 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Ignatz
Hello,

I am new to the forum. I have owned a 1991 190E 2.6 for about 3 months. I have copies of the previous owners maintenance. He installed synthetic lube in the rear end. I have noticed a little whine from the rear at times. I work at a car dealer and we have had it on the lift. I have replaced all the major fluids as a matter of course. This is the last. What is the recommended fluid. Mobil one has been used in this car for years. 80,000 miles and it runs great. should I change the fluid with mobil 1 synthetic rear or but dino lube? Also how do I tell if I have a limited slip rear, other than doing a burn out and having a friend watch me fry my tires. Thanks for the help.

May the Lord be bless you and keep you

Steve
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1993 190e-2.3
765 Posts
If you are a little suspicious of the rear end I would drain the oil in a clean light co...

If you are a little suspicious of the rear end I would drain the oil in a clean light colored pan and examine it. I have Mobil-1 in my rear axle but don't think its necessary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.