Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear view folding mirrors is out of synch. When seated/locked in position, driver side is pointing forward when passenger side is in driving position. Both are operating back and forth with button and 'fold when lock' function, but driver side is then moving from forward position to driving position when passenger side is moving from driving position to folded position.
Is there a way to synchronize this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When it is in forward position, push it back by hand to driving position.
If I do that it jumps out of the "seated position". But I found that if I hold it still when operating the electrical motor, I can make it stay in the right position seated. Any good tips for lubrication between the mirror housing and the base?

·
Registered
2010 S500
9 Posts
Sure it will jump out of the seated position, but when it arrives to the proper place it will lock in again. I talk from personal experience here.

As for lubrication, I don´t think it is necessary, but silicon grease normally doesn´t hurt anywhere...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure it will jump out of the seated position, but when it arrives to the proper place it will lock in again. I talk from personal experience here.

As for lubrication, I don´t think it is necessary, but silicon grease normally doesn´t hurt anywhere...
Thanks again. I have got it to be seated in the right position, and move correctly to folded position. But when I push the button again, the driver side mirror goes all the way out (past driving postion).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts