Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When switching to 19" (my choice will be Lorinser RS1) on the CLK430, what should the tire fitment be...staggered (235F/255R) or the same all the way around (235)? What is the advantage of one over the other, if any? NOTE: The car is already lowered with H&R springs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Switching to 19

If you're going with this example :<br>19x8.5 <br>19x9.5<br>Suggested tire dimensions should be:<br>F 235/35 19<br>R 245/35 19 or 255/30 19<p>Going wider in the rear would greatly increase traction aside from making it look really good since the gap is totally elimanted. <p>Although going the same width allows you to rotate the tires thus extending tire life.<p>Alex<p>: When switching to 19" (my choice will be Lorinser RS1) on the CLK430, what should the tire fitment be...staggered (235F/255R) or the same all the way around (235)? What is the advantage of one over the other, if any? NOTE: The car is already lowered with H&R springs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...what about tire mfg? (more)

I am in the states and I only drive the car in good weather. I have done a tire search through tirerack.com and the only thing that comes up is the PZero Rosso Asimmetrico. I have been told to stay away from the Pirelli's or is it another type of Pirelli that is not satisfactory? I am sure there are other mfg's that make 255/30/19's...any suggestions?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 235/35ZR19 & 265/30ZR19.......ABOUT 1100.00 the set

Won't the rear fenders need to be rolled then? Thanks.<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I'm running:<p>Brabus Mono V Multi-piece<br>F 19x8.5 <br>R 19x9.5<p>Yokohama AVS Sport<br>F 235/35 19<br>R 265/35 19<p>H&R Springs<p>My installer says that the fender looks fine and will not rub (I'm hoping he is right, since Brabus says the fenders should be rolled).<p>Having larger tires at the back gives the car a more aggressive stance.<p>Bryan<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Bryan...how long have you had this setup? Has it rubbed since you switched? I've been quoted $15 a fender if the fenders need to be rolled. The Obsidian Black is in pristine shape...my biggest fear is seeing the paint crease!<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can use Yokohama AVS...

I believe the model that is bad is the P7000 series and<br>not the PZero. Tirerack usually informs people<br>of any recalls anyway. I don't think there is one for<br>the PZero<p><p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IF YOU LOWER THE CAR...YES...I'M IN MIAMI.. 305 668 8666

: Won't the rear fenders need to be rolled then? Thanks.<p><p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I've had it for over a month with no rubbing. Although $15 a wheel sounds really cheap it might be worth doing just for peace of mind. On the other hand they might f**k it up and crack the paint.<p>Bryan<br>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.