Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2013 B250
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Punctured both front and rear RFT couple weeks ago and found to replace both of them are more expensive than.....I could finally changed all 4 into regular continental Contiprocontact 225 40/18" AS MBS and what a freaking night and day different of the ride quality, quietness and handling and breaking are all sharper and the character of the car change so much now I could truly enjoy the "B"....:):p:D:D

P.S. Do you know that you could actually purchase a donut side spare wheel made for our B250 with jack and all needed tools for Cdn$560 from any Mercedes dealership? Yeah, they do sal them, because our B in few European markets, Australia, Japan and China, India don't use RFT, THET COME WITH 17" or 18" regular tyres and a spare! What a ripe off for us Canadian Suckers again, eh! And they sell them because they know we are going to switch to normal tyres and we are going need that spare which we should have in the first place! goddamn it!

·
Registered
1998 C280 Sport / 2013 B250 / 1966 Mustang Convertible
32 Posts
Punctured both front and rear RFT couple weeks ago and found to replace both of them are more expensive than.....I could finally changed all 4 into regular continental Contiprocontact 225 40/18" AS MBS and what a freaking night and day different of the ride quality, quietness and handling and breaking are all sharper and the character of the car change so much now I could truly enjoy the "B"....:):p:D:D

P.S. Do you know that you could actually purchase a donut side spare wheel made for our B250 with jack and all needed tools for Cdn$560 from any Mercedes dealership? Yeah, they do sal them, because our B in few European markets, Australia, Japan and China, India don't use RFT, THET COME WITH 17" or 18" regular tyres and a spare! What a ripe off for us Canadian Suckers again, eh! And they sell them because they know we are going to switch to normal tyres and we are going need that spare which we should have in the first place! goddamn it!
What's the part number for that wheel/tire/tools package?

·
Registered
2013 B250
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just call up your dealership parts dept. and ask for it, they have them. I double checked with 2 different Mercedes dealerships in Calgary and they both have them.

·
Registered
2014 B250
67 Posts
I had my 2014 B250 in for its "A" service (non sport model), and they gave me a 2015 B250 as a loaner. It road much better than my 14 and also slightly quieter, not nearly as hard over bumps. I checked the tires when I got mine back and they were the same tires, so they must have done some tweakes to the suspension.

How much did your four new tires run you?

·
Registered
2013 B250
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$1100 for 5 of them, I use one as a full side spare. Mine is Sport version with sport suspension, now the car is more alive and grip actually more better than the 18 RFT summer performance tires originally on it.

·
Registered
2013 B250
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those freaking so call summer performance RFT were fXXking overrated and stupid, useless. Now the car grip better whenever on start from idle, I can push the little B go around Conner a bit harder and with more confident.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz B250 cirrus white,CIM COMAND Package 413 Pamoramic glass sun roof
25 Posts
Hi Zen Merc,
FIY my Australian delivered B250 Sport came with 18" RFT tyres so no spare, no jack and no room because of the high end Harmon Karden sound system.
Regards,
David B.

·
Registered
2013 B250
78 Posts
I had my 2014 B250 in for its "A" service (non sport model), and they gave me a 2015 B250 as a loaner. It road much better than my 14 and also slightly quieter, not nearly as hard over bumps. I checked the tires when I got mine back and they were the same tires, so they must have done some tweakes to the suspension.
Are you sure it was a 2015? I thought those wouldn't be out until October, and as a facelifted model.

·
Registered
2014 B250
67 Posts
Are you sure it was a 2015? I thought those wouldn't be out until October, and as a facelifted model.
Well I could be wrong, I just assumed it was a 2015 as the radio had a spot for an SD card (by the radio controls) which mine doesn't, and it only had 16KM on it. Of course, that doesn't mean it's a 2015...

·
Registered
2013 B250
78 Posts
Well I could be wrong, I just assumed it was a 2015 as the radio had a spot for an SD card (by the radio controls) which mine doesn't, and it only had 16KM on it. Of course, that doesn't mean it's a 2015...
Ah, I forgot what option exactly you needed for the SD card cause I have it too in my 2013, I think it comes with Premium Package, or with Navigation, or Harman Kardon... I honestly have no idea.

It was probably a late build 2014 they gave you, last time I brought my car in which was about 2 weeks ago, the dealer gave me a CLA250 with only 14km on it, but it was still a 2014. No sport suspension and 17" RFTs instead of 18's, rode soooo much softer than my B, it was a nice change. In fact it felt smoother than the non-sport 2014 B250 I got as a loaner last year. I just wouldn't be able to live with the risk of poking my eyeball out on the corner of the frameless door windows while getting in or out. :grin

Edit: Here are some photos of the 2015 undergoing testing. Looks like the usual facelift stuff; lights and bumpers, probably some more shiny bits on the inside: http://www.autogespot.com/mercedes-benz-b-klasse-w246-2015-1/2014/07/28

·
Registered
2014 B250
67 Posts
Ah, that would explain it then...:laugh

It did have NAV and mine doesn't, so that would explain the SD card. Perhaps it was in my imagination about it riding smoother. I thought it was because it was a newer model year, but I guess not (it had the tires as mine).

·
Registered
A nice red 2013 B250.
2 Posts
Thanks Zen Merc for this info. So do you now carry the 5th full conventional tire as a spare, along with the jack kit, in the back all of the time?

I had two nail punctures in the same tire (RFT) within a 2-week period. On both occasions the tire was repaired.

·
Registered
2008 B200T (W245)
316 Posts
Ah, I forgot what option exactly you needed for the SD card cause I have it too in my 2013, I think it comes with Premium Package, or with Navigation, or Harman Kardon... I honestly have no idea.

It was probably a late build 2014 they gave you, last time I brought my car in which was about 2 weeks ago, the dealer gave me a CLA250 with only 14km on it, but it was still a 2014. No sport suspension and 17" RFTs instead of 18's, rode soooo much softer than my B, it was a nice change. In fact it felt smoother than the non-sport 2014 B250 I got as a loaner last year. I just wouldn't be able to live with the risk of poking my eyeball out on the corner of the frameless door windows while getting in or out. :grin

Edit: Here are some photos of the 2015 undergoing testing. Looks like the usual facelift stuff; lights and bumpers, probably some more shiny bits on the inside: Mercedes-Benz B-Klasse W246 2015 - 28 July 2014 - Autogespot
not sure how legit these are, but...
New Mercedes B-Class facelift breaks cover | Automotor Blog

·
Registered
2008 B200T (W245)
316 Posts
Hi Zen Merc,
FIY my Australian delivered B250 Sport came with 18" RFT tyres so no spare, no jack and no room because of the high end Harmon Karden sound system.
Regards,
David B.
So this isn't like in the W245 B Class, where the Harman's subwoofer would fit in the cavity of the spare tire?

·
Registered
2013 B250
78 Posts
Very much legit, Mercedes Germany's website was updated with the new configurator info a week or two ago: Mercedes-Benz Deutschland - B-Klasse - Mercedes-Benz B-Klasse

So this isn't like in the W245 B Class, where the Harman's subwoofer would fit in the cavity of the spare tire?
Not my photo, but the underfloor trunk compartment in the W246 is tiny: http://data.motor-talk.de/data/galleries/0/141/4984/44740691/img-1857-4282296133181968043.JPG. The HK sub and amp take the bottom half, while the top looks like a factory-installed roadside emergency kit that we don't get.

·
Registered
2008 B200T (W245)
316 Posts
Very much legit, Mercedes Germany's website was updated with the new configurator info a week or two ago: Mercedes-Benz Deutschland - B-Klasse - Mercedes-Benz B-Klasse

Not my photo, but the underfloor trunk compartment in the W246 is tiny: http://data.motor-talk.de/data/galleries/0/141/4984/44740691/img-1857-4282296133181968043.JPG. The HK sub and amp take the bottom half, while the top looks like a factory-installed roadside emergency kit that we don't get.
Cool! I can see myself in the facelifted B class...was never too crazy about the new (current) B class's looks (I have to impress clients and the current B class just doesn't look Mercedes-y).

as for the subwoofer, the space in the W245 isn't huge either, but they fit the subwoofer in it, here: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/att...5607-need-part-subwoofer-pdrm0305-medium-.jpg

doesn't look like the shape of the current subwoofer would let it fit in there, though. First thing I'd do when getting a car with run-flats is try to sell them and get regular tires. I guess in this case, also with one of those spray cans to fix flats.

·
Registered
2013 B250
78 Posts
Cool! I can see myself in the facelifted B class...was never too crazy about the new (current) B class's looks (I have to impress clients and the current B class just doesn't look Mercedes-y).
I'm going to reserve judgment on the huge (fake?) air intakes on the AMG package front bumper until I see one in real life. I'm wondering if they're too much for a car with a profile like the B.

Also I'm 50/50 on the rear bumper's integrated exhaust tips. I mean it's nice and clean, but I don't like how in the light, you can see the disconnect between the real exhaust pipe and the finisher attached to the bumper. I think it was Lexus a number of years ago that put a metal mesh to connect the two so you wouldn't see a gap. Also makes it more difficult to change to aftermarket since you'd need a new diffuser, for people into that :grin

doesn't look like the shape of the current subwoofer would let it fit in there, though. First thing I'd do when getting a car with run-flats is try to sell them and get regular tires. I guess in this case, also with one of those spray cans to fix flats.
Yup, a can of fix-a-flat is what I've been carrying with me through the last 2 winters on my non-RFT winter set. My summer RFTs will be worn out by the time I take them off next month, so I'll dispose of them in the spring and most likely mount a set of Continental ExtremeContact DW's since they seem to be the softest riding of the bunch.

I remember back when the 2006 BMW E90 came out with RFTs across the board, people on lease would wear them down to just above the lease return requirement, then have them dismounted and stored in their garage in favour of non-RFTs until inspection and return time.

·
Registered
2008 B200T (W245)
316 Posts
Touched base with MB Canada yesterday.

Apparently, the AWD option is coming soon, but they weren't sure about the facelifted look yet, as they date the current design for 2013.

·
Registered
2014 B200 Turbo Sport
19 Posts

Hello ZenMerc, congratulations about your car. I´m almost buying a B200 sport package (in Brazil have not yet B250) but also how you thought about RFT. You replaced the original by regular tires to the same size. My question: after replacing did not affect the suspension or the pressure of penus on-board computer, sensors or something else?

That´s my only question before deal.

Thank you very much. Good luck!

Bye.

·
Registered
2014 B200 Turbo Sport
19 Posts

Hello ZenMerc, congratulations about your B-Class. I´m almost buying a B200 sport package, my first MB, (in Brazil have not yet B250) but also how you thought about RFT. You replaced the original by regular tires to the same size. My question: after replacing did not affect the suspension or the pressure of penus on-board computer, sensors or something else?

That´s my only question before deal.

Thank you very much. Good luck!

Bye.:smile

1 - 20 of 22 Posts