Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She crashed my old car, a frontier, twice...
But as I drive 800 miles a month and the Benz only gives me 20+mpg, I'm better of using my 5speed jetta TDI with 45+mpg.
You guys help me with prayers to keep the Benz from rear ending another car!
:(

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
^ The door reinforcement bar sure proved it's worth! The glass didn't even break. Just replace that door and you're all good on that side. Find a hood, a fender, a bumper, a corner light, right side headlight assembly, get the alignment checked and you're good to go on the right front.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well good Luck with that
My old Lady's handy work

T boned in an intersection guy ran

And Guy made a left turn in front of her

Then her Grand-kids took mine for a joy ride

Thank you, that makes me feel better! :p

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
^ Awesome! I'm glad you held onto it and didn't let the insurance company junk a perfectly good car.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hi, Carlos - you should be getting better mileage than that, I'm sure you're aware. My 220D got 30+ Interstate; and the 300D(Turbo) 25-26 Interstate @ 60+ mph.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, Carlos - you should be getting better mileage than that, I'm sure you're aware. My 220D got 30+ Interstate; and the 300D(Turbo) 25-26 Interstate @ 60+ mph.
I don't know why, 24-26 is the max mpg I've had.

Buy the wife a Yugo.
LOL!! I want her intact after a crash, I don't know about yogurt's safety! :D

·
Premium Member
16,161 Posts
I got my wife a 190E to drive around in. She LOVES it. Sometimes I have to convince her to drive the Subaru (2011 Forester) but she prefers the 190E. For her it's a very solid car, great on the highway, behaved and inspires confidence (not twitchy and feels nervous), and easy to park due to its size and typical MB steering ability. MPG is not the best (15) but it's one factor I'm still working on.

I had my wife drive my 300D one time and she did not like the fact that it's:

1. Too big for her
2. Slow to accelerate
3. Slow to respond to steering

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
^ That's interesting the that the 190 gets that kind of mileage. Shouldn't it be up in the 20's at the least?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had my wife drive my 300D one time and she did not like the fact that it's:

1. Too big for her
2. Slow to accelerate
3. Slow to respond to steering
my wife loves the 300D, she really does. The problem is that I'm traumatized w/her driving accidents...

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
No Yugo? Not safe enough?

Well in that case go for 1982 LWB DIESEL landcruiser with big steel joist welded to the front (Australian style) - oh and make her park it well away from the benz!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts