Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

switch/ socket footwell?

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  rocketfixer 
#1 ·
Hi all
just found an odd looking black (electrical) socket in my drivers side panel (kickpanel)in footwell ( RH drive car). Looks like a black plastic panel clip with a screwdriver slot... but it has actually got 2 wires on the back. Anybody tell me what this does??
Many thanks

#5 ·
I seem to recall reading somewhere that there is a deactivation for the central locking or softtop?? in the footwell. could this be it?
Cheers All
I think its alarm based I have one on the underside of the dash and it has a red button beside it I am told all were fitted with these as a anti theft device when being imported by mercedes,one or two posts about it on here,yours being a later model they may have deleted the red button but the black plug looks to be the same ,hope this helps:thumbsup:

#7 ·
Monkeymerc /Lynns
Cheers guys. I think it may be the alarm thingy.. But would love to know what it does, because I thought it was a plastic pin to hold the trim panel on. I had my screwdriver pretty well forced in trying to pop the panel. I did get the panel off and then saw the wires. No damage done, but a strange type of socket. I will just leave it alone!!
Need to start another thread about my auto window drop problem ... Does anyone know how to check the hall sensors on the window motor ??
Many thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.