Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does the switch above climate control,the one with a circle of arrows light up and blink? red. I think its for cabin air recirculation.flipping it on and off does nothing. If I restart car it goes off?

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does! small red dot of light.just blinks on and off.turned the car off and restarted ,blinking went away, the old CC unit had other issues,like fan on high with no buttons engaged? and that red dot was flashing also. so I swapped out the unit from my 91.this is the 92 that were talking about.most functions were better.but tonite had the flashing? its a different light than illumination for the re-cir switch

·
Registered
24 Posts
I may be off base here but I believe it is shooting trouble codes at you.
I read or heard somewhere that the re-circ switch also doubles as a code reader.

Again, I may be way off base, it's just a thought.

UPDATE: From MBDOC on PeachParts.
"The "flashing" lamp means that the system is in a fixed operational mode. ie: there is a fault in the electrical part of the A/C/C control inputs."

Eric S.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you talking connections on either side of CC unit or something else. I just spent 2 weeks looking for a short in the electrical system that was blowing # 9 fuse and fried PC board behind speedo that controls Illumination.I fixed that,the Illumination part and 9 doesn't blow any more.I found some monkey business behind the aft market stereo that may have caused the prob. but now you got me worried there's something else going on for that light to be flashing.I've never heard of that symptom doing all the searches I've done .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts