Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 C300 (W205)
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
What is the best product(s) to remove swirl marks and scratches from Lunar Blue(dark blue) paint? Previous owner must have used an automatic car wash.
Thanks

·
Registered
2020 C 300 Coupe, 2017 SL 550
28 Posts
There are a lot of products out there, but I have switched over to Adams Polishes. Any mild polishing compound will work with an orbital buffer. Stay away from the wool pad polishers (Non-orbital) because you can swirls it and/or burn the paint if you are not careful. I recently bought a Black 2017 SL 550 and the original owner was not kind to the paint. Sorry I don't have before pictures, but here are the after using Adams Finishing polish with the swirl killer buffer. As you can see by the side wall in my garage I detail a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 C300 (W205)
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  1. Thanks for your input. You're car looks great. I am concerned about the scratches all over my car. Previous owner obviously was a regular patron of an automatic car wash. I have tried rubbing compound by hand, but did not help at all. I guess an electric polisher would work much better than hand. The scratches are only visible when the sunlight hits it or I put a LED flashlight on it. Still bothers me though. I will look into the Adam's Polishes you recommend. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2020 C 300 Coupe, 2017 SL 550
28 Posts
  1. Thanks for your input. You're car looks great. I am concerned about the scratches all over my car. Previous owner obviously was a regular patron of an automatic car wash. I have tried rubbing compound by hand, but did not help at all. I guess an electric polisher would work much better than hand. The scratches are only visible when the sunlight hits it or I put a LED flashlight on it. Still bothers me though. I will look into the Adam's Polishes you recommend. Thanks again.
My car was severely spiderwebbed with car wash swirls. I understand your frustration. Some of Adam's stuff can be pricey, but it works. Any orbital polisher with a foam pad will work. Adam's just makes it dummy proof by color coding his compounds with his pads. Very user friendly. Go on his web site. He literally has hundreds of YouTube videos. Good luck and I hope you get good results that you are happy with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts