Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my sunroof has stopped working. I have to push the button multiple times to get it to retract, each time the button is pushed it moves a inch or two. However it will fully close with one flick of the switch.
Is there a grease i should put on it to fix it?
Or is my motor fried
thanks in advance

Also i have the sun screen that pops up to cover the rear window and that has stopped working aswell is there a way to fix that yourself. It will only work once in a great while

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Sunroof issues are very common with our vehicles. Be glad yours is still partially working. Mine is completely stuck, and will cost around two grand for repair. Sounds to me like your sunroof tracks just need some good greasing. You can have this done at the dealership...

You can fix the sunroof cover yourself, or at least I can fix mine. What you have to do is remove the control console for sunroof that has cabin light switches also. It's listed in the owners manual how to remove. There are two manual cranks. The right one will move the cover manually... Just close it some, and then it should work. You need to avoid opening it completely or the cover will get stuck again.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Actually, no. Sorry about that. I was talking about the sunroof cover. Not the rear window cover. I'm sure there's a manual crank for that also though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kind of off topic but is there anything i can do for realtively cheap to make the exhaust sound sick

·
Registered
24 Posts
did your battery die im no expert but that kinda sound like what happens when you need to reset your moonroof

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
kind of off topic but is there anything i can do for realtively cheap to make the exhaust sound sick
Kind of is definitely an understatement...
did your battery die im no expert but that kinda sound like what happens when you need to reset your moonroof
That's a good guess too. Might be the problem. How many miles does your c240 have Ihitacurb?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
check the fuse for the rear curtin. That would be a good start. I would also greese the rails for the sunroof then reset it.

With the car off, key in position 2, open all windows and hold the buttons down till you hear a click then roll them back up. Also do this for the sunroof. Open and hold till u hear a click then close until it clicks. Also make sure your door is closed not open.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually my battery died because i left my lights on. Also what kind of grease should i use on the tracks for the sunroof

1 - 9 of 9 Posts