Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this AMG SEC 6.0 widebody for sale in 'the land of the endless supply of old-school AMGs' (Japan), done 50k miles
It's a 6.0 with a twist...it's an M117 with M119 heads...this is an uber-spec AMG SEC

...and a second, nicely spec'd 560SEC widebody, done 28k miles

·
Registered
159 Posts
those are some sweet looking rides wonder how hard it would be to import one of those lol

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Love those black Recaros..

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
How about posting the links, mate? How I am supposed to import them if I can't find them? :)

I think the normal engined one is at Auto Spirit, and they are known for being a little shady. Not sure where the other one is....Sun Auto Project maybe?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How about posting the links, mate? How I am supposed to import them if I can't find them? :)

I think the normal engined one is at Auto Spirit, and they are known for being a little shady. Not sure where the other one is....Sun Auto Project maybe?
Good eyes! Auto Spirit it is...both of them

·
Registered
48 Posts
my mother regular went to China, tell me please, where in Xhina she can buy 4 me tuning for my 126 SEC, i want widebody like WALD or other, tuning front optic and so one... ???

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
my mother regular went to China, tell me please, where in Xhina she can buy 4 me tuning for my 126 SEC, i want widebody like WALD or other, tuning front optic and so one... ???

WTF?? China?

anyway-- Bruce you need to buy my convertible for a little more than what you offered before (or take it as a nice down payment on one of those wide bodies if you decide to import one of them)--!!!!!

Just remember after 25 years old what happens to these cars and what makes them easier to import!--

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Heirkranz, if it had a top, I'd be in. But up here in PA, I need a top. And my local guy is not up to the task of a custom top.

25 years old and older is kind of the same deal as 15 years and older in Canada....no conversion to all US laws, registered importer, etc required. Just bring 'em in and drive 'em!

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Heirkranz, if it had a top, I'd be in. But up here in PA, I need a top. And my local guy is not up to the task of a custom top.

25 years old and older is kind of the same deal as 15 years and older in Canada....no conversion to all US laws, registered importer, etc required. Just bring 'em in and drive 'em!
WOW ,that is a long- long time.Most place in Europ they let you bring in any car and tax you til your nose start bleeding.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Not sure on the first one but, the second 'regular' widebody is just under US$19k
I reckon the first one would go for less than $25k
I was thinkig at the 45-55 G's.The only place I know of is Garage Current .Is they price is over the top ? I'm not sure but all they WB ,6lt with Recaros are that price or more.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Isn't there a requirement that the car has to be unmodified?

Which brings me to my next quesiton; Can an AMG modified Mercedes from the 80s be considered unmodified now that AMG is a factory option?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
siksclass: It has nothing to do with AMG it does not matter what the cars have done to them-- most of the people that knew even what these cars had done with them are now retired--thanks to an unamed few on this site, I was able to call in and have them look mine up in the old DOT books (not on computer at the time) to see where it came in from and what registered importer brought it in to the country.

YUP: looks like i might be forced to make a top for her sooner than later!

As for my future plan, I believe it would be better to wait untill they linger into Canada from Japan, and the day the 25 years hit for the specific year I am looking for, it will be shopping time in Canada and will drive it home--- I have relatives in Barhead (near edmonton) where I can launch my search from! (8 more years till you can get the 1991s!)

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
though I can't make it out--the avitar is probably lenin with his wife and mistress, which the germans turned a blind eye to as they let them cross germany in a train on the way back to turn russia upside down-- great guy! and looks like the last of the statues that were not torn down is of course in Belarus and one or two subway terminals in moscow

1 - 20 of 36 Posts