Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes 560SEL
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this for sale last night. It's an 89 560SEL with 78K.

I called the owner and spoke with him a while about this car. He is the 2nd owner, 1st was a good friend who died and he bought the car from the family with 32K. It was purchased and routinely serviced at Park Place Mercedes, Dallas.

He has 4 cars already and has to sell this one. It's beautiful; he kept it covered in his garage for most of it's life and used it to drive only on the weekends. He says it never gets driven and it needs to go. It's black w grey cladding and black interior, and the windows are deep tinted. It needs a new passenger rear window switch at the console, tires, and the driver's front headlamp lens is cracked (I suspect anybody here would put Euro's on anyway).

He said he's replaced some incidentals (fan clutch, hoses, etc) as well as the entire AC system 3 years ago; I believe it was converted to R134 from my understanding, but he said he spent close to 5K getting it up to speed. It has NOT had a timing chain/guide/tensioner change as of yet.

He's asking $6250, but he wants to sell to an enthusiast and I think he'll take a reasonable offer if it's on the table and he knows it's going to a good home.

Let me know if anyone is looking and want's some pics or the seller's info. It's too nice to just see it sit, and I regret having purchased mine before seeing this one....oh well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Saw this for sale last night. It's an 89 560SEL with 78K.

I called the owner and spoke with him a while about this car. He is the 2nd owner, 1st was a good friend who died and he bought the car from the family with 32K. It was purchased and routinely serviced at Park Place Mercedes, Dallas.

He has 4 cars already and has to sell this one. It's beautiful; he kept it covered in his garage for most of it's life and used it to drive only on the weekends. He says it never gets driven and it needs to go. It's black w grey cladding and black interior, and the windows are deep tinted. It needs a new passenger rear window switch at the console, tires, and the driver's front headlamp lens is cracked (I suspect anybody here would put Euro's on anyway).

He said he's replaced some incidentals (fan clutch, hoses, etc) as well as the entire AC system 3 years ago; I believe it was converted to R134 from my understanding, but he said he spent close to 5K getting it up to speed. It has NOT had a timing chain/guide/tensioner change as of yet.

He's asking $6250, but he wants to sell to an enthusiast and I think he'll take a reasonable offer if it's on the table and he knows it's going to a good home.

Let me know if anyone is looking and want's some pics or the seller's info. It's too nice to just see it sit, and I regret having purchased mine before seeing this one....oh well.

I would have an interest in it. Is there any way you can inspect the car and give me an idea of what condition its in. That would be appreciated. I could then negotiate with the owner knowing the exact condition of the car. Thanks

·
Banned
99 Merc S420 (80k Mi) 07 Lexus LS460 (21k Miles)
4,583 Posts
Do you have any pictures? It sounds really nice. Great color combo.

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes 560SEL
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys I'll stop by today and snap some shots.

It really is beautiful. One thing I noticed the other day is that the power antenna is missing. I'll ask him about it. I'll also take it for a test drive if you like.

Bear with me, I'll get them posted this evening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts