Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
Bazzle - 4/16/2005 8:09 AM

Gooday

Has anyone swapped the front seats over, or know if this is practical to reduce wear on the outer side bolsters?
1998 SLK230

Bazzle
For all intents and purposes I would say that in the AU heat its a losing battle. At some point in time just bite the bullet and go for new covers.

I might be able to assist you with that as you may not realise the replacements always come with seat heating .... which you may feel is pointless but does add to the joy of having the top down in winter.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
It doesn't work that way...

The inboard side of the seat bottom is fabric, the outboard side is leather. The seat backs may be interchangable though. I don't know of anyone who has tried it.

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230- RED
461 Posts
Seat heater wiring plug is on right corner for right seat and left corner for left seat...if you changed the mounting brackets on the seats side for side, you would still have the power to the seat heaters wiring problem...I changed out my stock seats for some Designo seats I happened accross at a good value.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts