Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am swapping out the round DRL/Fog lights on my W212 E 2010 for LED DRL's, anyone with any tip's? I have what/who I believe is a qualified shop but any suggestions would be appreciated, some input needed if anyone knows the answers?

-I have the lights and new grills

-Does MB use a standard wiring harness (SO WOULD THE WIRING BE THERE FOR A DIRECT ATTACH TO THE NEW LED DRL's), I know the LED models don't have the fog lights to wire in the bumper

-Would anyone know if there are relays or transformers to handle any voltage differences (OR IS THAT IN THE LED UNITS). There are aftermarket LED's that are plug and plug (but they don't look the same), but not sure about MB-

-Is there anyway to find/locate a wiring diagram, functional spec, or?

Thanks

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
Daytime running lights www.gpusi.com are a low-cost method to reduce crashes. It can improve the noticeability and detectability of vehicle in the central and peripheral fields of view.
If you are advertising your products, you should sponsor the forum too. Otherwise I would agree, except that standard head lights are equally good and with no additional investment cost, just some additional cost from more bulbs driven and a bit more power drawn (theoretical fuel consumption difference).

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
I am swapping out the round DRL/Fog lights on my W212 E 2010 for LED DRL's, anyone with any tip's? I have what/who I believe is a qualified shop but any suggestions would be appreciated, some input needed if anyone knows the answers?

-I have the lights and new grills

-Does MB use a standard wiring harness (SO WOULD THE WIRING BE THERE FOR A DIRECT ATTACH TO THE NEW LED DRL's), I know the LED models don't have the fog lights to wire in the bumper

-Would anyone know if there are relays or transformers to handle any voltage differences (OR IS THAT IN THE LED UNITS). There are aftermarket LED's that are plug and plug (but they don't look the same), but not sure about MB-

-Is there anyway to find/locate a wiring diagram, functional spec, or?

Thanks
You should mention where you come from (state that in your profile preferably). Assuming the US, you can subscribe to Startekinfo and download the wiring diagrams for your car. You can download all the instructions to remove bumpers etc. too. This sort of homework you should have done before ordering parts.

But at least you did do some homework (unlike many others) when you took into account the difference related to fogs. Ideally you should have swapped main lights too.

The intensity of the LED lights is adjusted depending on if they work at DRL mode or along with other lights. I did not check if the LED units do this, I assume it is the front SAM which may make the partial retrofit a bit more complicated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a W212 model with day time driving lights, has anyone got an idea on how to run these with the headlamps on and also with normal park lights? have seen the exact model where these work with headlights on, but cannot configure mines to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts