Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some input.

I have a 92 500SL that is approaching 100K miles. My indy told me last summer my rear shocks had just started leaking and they should be replaced next summer. I do not drive my SL as much as I would like.

I plan on changing the shocks and springs at the same time. What else would you suggest changing on the suspension given the mileage and age of the car?

I am running 18" AMG wheels on the car.

·
Registered
1994 SL500 smoke silver metallic
21 Posts
I have a 1994 with 17" AMG wheels, and I upgraded my suspension to Bilstein shocks and H&R springs on all four corners. The ride is much improved since I did the upgrade last year. I don't know if 18"s would be okay with the same setup. The springs do lower the ride height a full couple of inches.

·
Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,660 Posts
cgreenland said:
I have a 1994 with 17" AMG wheels, and I upgraded my suspension to Bilstein shocks and H&R springs on all four corners. The ride is much improved since I did the upgrade last year. I don't know if 18"s would be okay with the same setup. The springs do lower the ride height a full couple of inches.
Your suspension mod interest me. Would you please post a side picture of your car?
What # or size front 'shim' did you use and what # or size rear 'buffer/shim' did you use?
Did you have any issues when it came time for a new alignment?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts