Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 320
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, can you recommend me sites that sell Bilstein shocks. I have the H&R springs and it seems that these springs and the Bilstein shocks are popular. Anyway, whats the best price i can get'em without getting ripped off?

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
138 Posts
I purchased all H&R made suspension upgrades; cup kit (springs and especially designed and complimentary shocks) and anterior and posterior anti roll bars. The anti roll bars not might be available in the U.S. yet...

I had #3 MB pads used for the front, and #2 pads used for the rear. I use 16" rims, and just had Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's fitted (205/55-16 front and 225/50-16 rear). It was all installed by Massimo Ferri at Punto Auto in Pesaro, Italy. He did not recommend the #1/#1 pad configuration, which might be great where the roads are very well maintained, like in Germany. Mr. Ferri works on all of Valentino Rossi's cars (Valentino is from Pesaro), and is very well known for prepping cars in the area of Italy where I live... He took it to the track before he handed me the keys and the bill. Oh yeah, for all the work I was billed about $512.00 U.S., and it included removing the brake calipers, and having a body shop paint them silver. [8D]

The difference between stock and "tweaked" is amazing, and while the suspension is definitely stiffer, the difference is by no means significant. The car's aesthetics are improved along with the greatly enhanced cornering capability. On crappy roads, you feel the car running over the dips, stones, and uneven surface, and might want to slow down, and otherwise "baby" the car's progress.. On good roads, the car is incredible, wet and dry conditions very similiar.

You might want to consider matching the suspension components instead of using different springs, shocks, and anti-roll bars. Just my .02 EURO ... [:)]

·
Registered
SLK in brilli silver
854 Posts
SLK4PlaYaS - 2/25/2005 11:33 PM

hey guys, can you recommend me sites that sell Bilstein shocks. I have the H&R springs and it seems that these springs and the Bilstein shocks are popular. Anyway, whats the best price i can get'em without getting ripped off?
You know that the bilstein HD are the stock shocks, correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts