Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1985 2.3 16v euro
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here goes, i have been wondering what the biggest swaybar i can fit under here might be I heard somewhere the 500 e was a direct fit?? also interested in adding the strut tower connectors, i am sacrificing it all, I want a corner carver no confort necessary, any suggestions. the previous owner had my car modded out by a professional race shop but i want to finish the job.
also my girlfriend got me lighted door sills, can i just wire these things to the door switches and call it a day, for some reason all the posts i have read turn this install into a nightmare!
so basically I need to know
swaybar advice
strut tower bar and where to purchase
install instructions for door sills
i know I will have to cut into the battery housing I am considering moving the battery anyway so any ideas on how to clean up that area??

·
Registered
1985 2.3 16v euro
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way I drive a eurospec 1985 2.3 16v with
16 inch wheels 205/50 tires. decent enough tires.
I also have massive amounts of positive camber to prevent wheel rub!! and my wheels are spaced.

Is the evo sway bar bigger than the 124 chassis 500?
I also have 107 chassis brakes i think, still haven't looked at them but they are a huge rotor with a two piston caliper and the previous owner said they were sl's and only the 107 had the 2 piston setup so i am just assuming until i see a partnumber and get into it. I also need brake pads that are better than stock but not going to eat my rotors alive. i can't afford anything mojor until i get out of school!!

·
Registered
190E, 993
552 Posts
If you use a W124 front swaybar, you'll have to trim the ends of to mimic the length of the swaybar its replacing. I use a 400E front swaybar in my regular 2.3 and a 500E front in my 2.3-16. All I did in both cases was cut the swaybars down to size, replace the swaybar center brackets (to those from a 400E and 500E), center swaybar bushings (to those from a 400E and 500E), and enlarged the center of the end swaybar bushings, so the new W124 bar (either it be the 400E one of 500E one) could fit.

The rear swaybar on the W124 is longer than the rear swaybar on the W201 to begin with. So it would not be a direct fit. The rear W201 EVO II swaybar is a direct fit on the W201 (you might need extra parts to retain the use of the rear SLS).

I'm not sure if anyone has used a rear W124 swaybar on a W201, since cutting/welding are in order.

·
Registered
1985 190E 2.3 (Sold)
210 Posts
I dont have lighted door sills, but im assuming that theres 3 wires? One for power, ground, and a switch on/off wire. If so, you can tap into the door switch.

·
Registered
1985 2.3 16v euro
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my lighted sills have two extra lengths of red black wire , the sills themselves, four black boxes that the red and black wires feed to and then a little clip wire that attaches to the sill lights?

I got them from the .com site.
I saw an install site somewhere but i forgot the link!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts