Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while my 25a suspensin fuse kept blowing it wasnt until today that I found that the only time the compressor would draw to much current was when the air filter ( i think that what it is) is attached. If not attached it works fine.. put it it and it whines and comes to a stop drawing more current on the way.

Anyway I had the original compressor so put that back on changed the broken valves and it seems to be working without blowing fuses.... Problem is I need to use the 12V direct..

Ok now the fuse(s) is/are fine but I still have a contstant red suspension light on the dash. and suspension doesnt want to kick in..The problem originalu started after my battery went dead and both battery and + exclamation mark showed on dash.. (post for which here..http://www.benzworld.org/forums/v-class/1378072-battery-light-exclamation-dash-alternator.html

Any body any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I do hope somebody will be able to help/ give me some ideas. I must say I'd got my hopes up after reading so many previous threads.

Anyway.. I just checked that there is resistance across valve connectors and there is.. Also checked voltage from the 2 pairs going to the valve things.. + the other cable. All 6 pairs read 11.7 V.. but across the power lead there is nothing.. Checked across fuse and no power either.. What could be wrong?

·
Registered
Bandwidth
3,256 Posts
Which "....air filter....."
What year/model is your vehicle? Have you swapped the compressor with another........when you say you "put back" the original compressor!?!

Somewhat confusing scenario.......start again please!

·
Registered
V 220
18 Posts
Hello

If your Fuse (25A) blows, your presser is definitly dead !! You can try to change the inner parts of the "airdryer" V-Klasse-Presser.de Ersatz und Zubehör für den Kompressor / ENR der V Klasse und Vito but if your coils are broken is this a reason of a bad presser.
You can change the coils of the valve so often you want. They will be shure destroyed by the presser. the air flow is to low and so the running time of the presser is to high. so the coils must be open for a long long time to lift the car. the problem is the have 5W and will be extremely hot when the running time is over 30 sec. the coils will be destroyed day by day a little bit more.
if you have a red light in your dash bord you have an electric fault. the controll unit can only check the coils of the valves. you will messure ca. 12V on all connectors EVERY TIME because the parts are switching by the -12V line ;-)) (masse)
Find your fault by the following way:
Messure the OHMS at the small two pin connector. its the output valve - > your have to messure ca. 29 OHMS
and then messure the OHMS at the four pin connector ( the both left AB and the both right pins CD)
There your have to messure on both sides ca 26 OHMS
If you have other values the controller will shut down the complete system....

Sorry for my english ... i hope you know what i mean.... ;-)

V-Klasse-Presser.de Ersatz und Zubehör für den Kompressor ENR der V Klasse und Vito

1 - 4 of 4 Posts