Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wonderful fluid suspension system on my beast has failed. there is a leak above the back axle on the bend. and because it dumps all the fluid out I get no power steering..cant move the car after I dug it out of the snow Then when I ID the problem I go to my stealers and get this on the counter.. So QUESTION. anybody got any ideas as to where I get a complete set of pipes , suspension and brake pipes for the beast How much will it cost .. and WHY did they make them in crap metal in the first place???

Attachments

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
Well it's the 6th now so you should be fine - why would they not do the stock-take after hours? With a computerised system it would be pretty simple to adjust out what you'd sold during the day... idiots.

·
Registered
'04 G55 '80 280GE '99 S420 '98 E320 2011 E350 2016 GLA250
3,093 Posts
I'm not sure how it is in the U.K., but "most" auto supply houses sell hydraulic piping.
You can get just "generic" line, and make them yourself.. probably saving a boatload of $$ (sorry PoundsPounds) in the process. The only tool you may need to purchase, is a hydraulic line end-former-thingy.

Here is a post where I had never monkey'd with brake lines, but you see how easy it is:

http://www.*****************/disc/forums/showthread.php?tid=13220&posts=5&start=1 Hmmm, the "Administrator" still has sore feelings- and is BLOCKING any threads to this site. If you go to
"p-o-i-n-t-e-d t-h-r-e-e.com" (leave out the -'s) and add the other stuff above.

Yes, yes, the G is a different animal, but.. you get the idea...

Also, don't be so harsh re: the metal... Hydraulic fluid is horribly corrosive. I think Most metal would get destroyed. Throw in a little road salt, snow... recipe for metalic disaster!

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it's the 6th now so you should be fine - why would they not do the stock-take after hours? With a computerised system it would be pretty simple to adjust out what you'd sold during the day... idiots.
That and the" lights on but nobody is in " attitude of the counter staff.. He could not find the part on the EPC despite having all the info on my car, I have bought stuff from them before.. said he would "look into it and get back to me via E-Mail no less.. will have to put it away till spring thaw I cant move it ...and dont want to do more damage..

·
Registered
95 S500, 07 S550 AMG
791 Posts
Im very sure that when i replaced my rear accumulators , the lines were the same as the break lines.

All you have to do is get brake line extensions. You cute the line, and place the extension which screws in the line. Every auto parts store in the US have em, Don't see why they wouldn't have those in UK

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im very sure that when i replaced my rear accumulators , the lines were the same as the break lines.

All you have to do is get brake line extensions. You cute the line, and place the extension which screws in the line. Every auto parts store in the US have em, Don't see why they wouldn't have those in UK
No I think they are illegal in the UK...Never ever seen them here...:surrender:

·
3phase-4pole
4,882 Posts
Yearly inventory is done to account for theft. Inventory counts are done during the day otherwise they have to pay time and a half for overtime :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts