Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
01 C320 Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my C320 a week ago and I'm already thinkin about lowering the car. I don't want to lower it a ton, I just don't want the gap to look huge like it does now. Also, I really don't want to hurt the ride much, especially if I'm gonna be gettin bigger rims down the line.

I test drove a couple newer C230 Sport Sedans and liked the feel of that suspension, and (if I remember right) it's quite a bit lower than my suspension. Is it possible just to get that suspension put on my car?

·
Registered
01 C320 Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, how do the different suspensions rank in terms of ride quality vs handling? If the quality isn't that bad on one of the aftermarket suspensions and I get a lot of additional grip, maybe I should be going for that. I've been screeching the tires on the back roads even though I'm not going all that fast (compared to my 3000gt anyway).

·
Registered
C230 Sport Sedan
37 Posts
A reasonable upgrade would be to find someone with a C32/C55 who upgraded to coil-overs, and buy their stock suspension.

The AMG suspension is a direct bolt-on, and is engineered to work correctly on the car. I paid $500 for the AMG springs/shocks from a C32 owner who had just upgraded - less than 2k miles on the shocks/springs.

You would have to buy the AMG sway bars seperately from the dealer, but even that is only about $200.

You can search the MB forums, and you'll probably find what you're looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts