Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone answer my question? I have taken the car in for service several times and it's still not fix. the dealer replaced the stabilizer bar connecting link, but my car still squeaks when hitting bumps while turning. I am thinking it could be the shock absorber..<br> Also, what is the normal outside temp reading from the on board computer. What's an acceptable range? example.. yesterday.. it was 90 degrees. but i get reading ranging from 95 degree to 110 degree from the dash.<br> I've been tracking the temp difference and the on board computer usually shows avg 15 degrees higher then the actual outside temp.<br> ..... I have 40k miles on my car.... Does anyone have a squeaking problem w/ the front seat?<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think everyone experienced front squeaky seats<br> I don't know if you could legitimately consider this as a problem?<br> Have anyone had the dealer fixing this?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But does anyone else expereience the squeaking sound fron the front suspension/front end? Dealer can't figure it out.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many W203 owners report that the squeaking comes from the sway bar bushings. Sometimes a spray lubricant fixes it, sometimes they must be dis-assembled for lubriction and somtimes they are being replaced.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
funny you mention... I just realized today (with windows opened) that I do get a squeak, driver side in the front. I have Eibach springs installed recently and I tought they were the culprit. I will have the dealership check it out next time...will let you know<br> andre<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i also get a squeak from the driver's seat....haven't had the chance to take it in though.... <br> <br> regarding the temp different, i was told the external gauge (thermometer) is located toward the bottom front of the car which ends up measuring the temp of the ground. the dearler told me that germans were more concerned about the road temp/condition. just subtract a few degrees to get a more accurate read.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts