Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My WHITE 06 ML350 has been taking a beating with the winter weather this year. After a wet snowy trip through the iron mining areas last winter, a car wash revealed that many tiny flecks of metal from the road must have stuck to the finish and then rusted and discoloring the clear coat - many tiny rust colored spots on my white paint. I was able to remove them mostly. However this winter I am finding this to be an even larger issue without driving out of my area. It seems impossible to keep the car dry let alone do a wash because of the weather. Any idea on what really is causing this, how to avoid or prevent, and how best to remove the small spots once it warms up?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Its caused by industrial fall out.
What you can do is use a clay bar to get rid of the spots and then use a good sealant afterwards. I find that Collinite Insulator Wax works really well against the problem and last a long time, but thats just my opinion. Bottom line is you need some good protection on that paint.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Brake dust from metallic pads cause this too as well as rail dust from the transport train.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts