Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just my 2 cents:

$50 bucks later, its on. Fits perfect but its a tight fit. Very quiet IMO but maybe after its broken in after a couple thousand miles it will be more loud. Pretty civil sounding, not much change concerning sound, has a bit more rumble with WOT but still pretty conservative.

Very nice product, clean fit, and very affordable. 2 thumbs up!

Supersprint offers a mid section, for 2 HP gain i thought not worth it, but maybe if it sounds sweeter I will consider. Anyone try this part?

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
it looks like a factory 430 exhaust. i personally like the dual tips. anyways, for a little more rumble consider removing the resonator. i think you will be pleased

·
Registered
W208
216 Posts
Any noticable gains? I'm thinking of purchasing an exhaust system but not sure what kind for my CLK and was wondering if it's worth the price..Looks good not to crazy but simple.

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems it had a little more ommph at WOT. But it could of been me in a excited psychological state since I was pleased how it looked and was ready to feel something. 8-10 HP (SS claims) on a car already in mid 350HP range is hard to feel IMO. Only a dyno would be true test if this exhaust is providing power. I rarely drive this car, my wife does she has not mentioned anything, but then again its only been one day and usually it takes about 2000 miles or so to break it in.

Believe me, this Supersprint looks WAY better than the puny stock AMG equipped dual tip. Also the AMG has stainless polished tips only, reminds me of a funky remus system.

One item i am a little unhappy with on the supersprint is the welds where the tip meets the muffler can are not very clean. Luckily its so far back unless looking almost under the rear bumper onlookers will not notice.

The second item I am unhappy with is the sound. Its still so quiet, i hoped it would sound like it had more ballz.

Overall I am happy with the purchase as I got a killer deal on the price, about as much one would pay for a typical ricer rocket exhaust.

Just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
linh - 4/14/2005 12:03 AM

http:/it looks like a factory 430 exhaust. i personally like the dual tips. /
I agreed. Just my opinion. Here's a picture of the AMG exhaust to compare.
linh, i believe your labeling of exhausts is wrong in your pic. thats a clk55 exhaust, not a clk430 exhaust. the clk430 comes with a single tip, not a double.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts