Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500SL
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and a new owner of a '92 500SL as well. I am really happy with the car, but as with most guys could always use more power. I am looking to supercharge the car, yet it has come to my understanding that years 90-92 #119 motors are mechanically fuel injected, and I am trying to find a charger that will work with this motor. Does any one have any leads on a charger, or can suggest any other type of mods that could be done to give me some power?

·
Registered
SL60
46 Posts
New better flow exhaust from Renntech, supersprint, lorinser, brabus,Remus, or others, K...

New better flow exhaust from Renntech, supersprint, lorinser, brabus,Remus, or others, K&N filters, power chip. All can yield more horses. Or you can get a 6.0 L conversion for barbus or renntech, but look to spend anywhere $12-$27 thousand to get such conversion. Personally I perfer Renntech. Check out www.Renntechmercedes.com. look under car --> SL (R129) --> tuning.

·
Registered
SL60
46 Posts
I think that the only supercharger available for the R129 series is that manufactured by...

I think that the only supercharger available for the R129 series in the U.S is that manufactured by Kleemann (Love their purple brake calipers and supercharger). But unfortunately it only available for 1999+ models. And the supercharger will cost you an arm and a leg. The price alone for the supercharger is $14350.00 USD w/o installation.
check out this website http://www.bergwerks.com/k_super_appli.jsp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts