Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a rew posts on this forum of people supercharging their W126's. I'm considering a supercharger for my car but I don't know if it will harm the engine. It's an 86' 420 SEL. I asked around to see if mechanics recommend it and all of them said no because it is supposed to be a family sedan, not a sports car...They said it will sacrifice ride quality as well. I just wanted to know if it's possible to put one in?, how much would it cost?, and is there a particular name brand to put in? And is it worth putting one in at all?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
search the forum, you'll see SuperchargedSEC has talked about this at Length. BTW, I think the mechanics you are speaking w/ are Very wrong. The engines in these cars are so understressed it's silly. Forged, 6 bolt main bottom ends..That's about as tough as they come.

And the whole family sedan bit...?? Sedans make some of the best hot rods IMHO, ultimate sleeper!

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking to spend around 300-500 bucks if possible.

And I'll take a look at superchargedSEC's posts and see if I can find something. [:D]

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am trying get my car supercharge hoppfully by the end of this month. Supercharging is not cheap $2000 to $7000 I am trying get my done around the $2500 range.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
300-500 will get you 1/4 of the way through a proper exhaust. 3000-5000 will get you set up w/ a proper exhaust and a blower.

Jonathan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts