Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about the big boost on my 2002 e55. Has anybody on the forum done this? Looking for discussion on the ups and down of the process including cost, reliability, warranty issues, etc.<br>
Also, I am in the Mid-Atlantic. Are there any EXPERIENCED shops East of the Mississippi for this?<br>
<br>
<br>
Thanks,<br>
Claudio

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Supercharger--Kleemann

Well, I have a '00 E55 that is stock, but I did get a Kleemann supercharger for my '02 ML55. It totally changed the vehicle. It was reasonably fast before, but now it is really fast, with big power everywhere in the powerband. <br>
<br>
It's been about six months, and so far I've had no problems at all. In fact, it has gotten faster as the computer has adjusted to the new system. We just timed it 0-60 at an elevation of 6100 feet in Colorado and it ran 5.1 sec. Kleemann says it would make %17 more horsepower at sea level, so that would be really fast. <br>
<br>
As for warranty issues, I don't know yet. I think that everything else on the vehicle would still be covered by the same warranty, but I haven't been to the dealer since doing the supercharger.<br>
<br>
I suggest you call Kleemann USA and ask if they have any dealers in your area. Ask to talk with Brandon Grantham; he is the president of Kleemann USA and is very, very knowledgable about superchargers. After I talked with him a few times I felt very comfortable doing the conversion. He often travels to work with their dealers so if you coordinate with him he might be able to do your installation. <br>
<br>
I'm contemplating doing my E55, but don't know if it needs it. I'm sure that it would be awesomely fast, but then you'd need some suspension and brake work too to keep it all together.<br>
<br>
I hope that helps. Best of luck.<br>
<br>

·
Registered
ML55 KOMPRESSOR
42 Posts
ML55K

Justin:
Hello, I have also upgraded my ML55 with a SPIRIT SUPERCHARGER. I would like to arrange to go over to see your ML, I am interested in seeing how the Kleemann system handles.
Where are you located at?
Thanks
JB
[email protected]

·
Registered
2002 E55
8 Posts
E55 supercharger upgrade

In response to your question there is RENNtech in Lake Park, Florida. They recently supercharged my 2002 E55 with the high boost version and did an excellent job. The engine sounds stock but with street tires I have run 12.263 @ 116 mph at No Problem Raceway in Belle Rose, La.Your text here[:D]Update on performance at NPR: 12.143 ET @ 116.92 MPH backed up by 12.161 @ 117.01 MPH and 12.162 @ 116.94 MPH
[:p]

·
Registered
00 CLK430
72 Posts
Go with RENNtech , I can give you full details if you call me up on Monday.
Nik
Import...

Go with RENNtech , I can give you full details if you call me up on Monday.
Nik
ImportPower
718-268-1477
RENNtech dealer

·
Registered
ML 500 Sport
86 Posts
Renntech

My next door neighbor has just gotten his 2002 E55 back from Renntech with the super charger High performance high output rebuild. Its a super installation,very neat and very clean, no "make fit" work done here everything is first class. The car will run the quarter in 12.2 sec. with the stock tires and 0 to 60 in 4.2 sec. He is having his extra wheels fitted with a softer compound tire, however he is running into a problem in that the track will nolonger let him run the car if it runs under 12.00 sec. in the quarter due to lack of a roll cage. In addition he also added Brembo calipers which now deliver even more stopping power. The car is truly an unbelivable work of enginering. As it stands now he has by far the fastest 4 door luxury sedan in the state. The dyno rated the eng. at 500hp to 525hp.
"Das es einer wild Motor"[8D]

·
Registered
ML 500 Sport
86 Posts
Just noticed James's post

By the way, James is my next door neighbor. Howdy neighbor! Just braging about your "Wunder Wagen"
[:D]

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Not that i have any room to talk cause im riding a non blown clk but i did notice that...

Not that i have any room to talk cause im riding a non blown clk but i did notice that on the HPS system there is a 10- 15 hp diff in the CLK55 and E 55. the torque was also the same... Any reason for that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
kleemann superchargers

Hello Claudio,
Try checking out the Kleemann website @ www.Kleemannusa.com and search for your local dealer.
the Kleeman suoercharger will transform your vehicle and there engineering/technology is second to none.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts