Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1997 E320, 1997 S320
2,946 Posts
i would stay away from those things, they are an insult to our car. they are a waste of money in my opinion. you won't get any more power increase, no difference in fuel consumption, and can cause engine damage. in the second ebay auction you list, where the seller says that the pics are from happy customers, if you pay attention none of those are mb's. one is yamaha, second one is opel, and the last one a suzuki.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Actually, they are a waste on any vehicle. It will do nothing useful for you or your car.

It's important to remember that Mercedes didn't skimp on any area of design, so it's not like you're going to find much simple and inexpensive power you can tap. If this is for your M112 you can explore a re-mapped chip, but even that won't do much.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I wondered if there might be people who didn't understand that old term. It refers to vendors in the late 1800s, or early 1900s, who were selling magic medical potions from their wagons; snake oil was only one of them but became a catch-all term for a lot of other bunk. For a better and more thorough explanation, check Google search or Wikipedia.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
In most cases it was billed as an elixir "cure all" and typically was adulterated hootch.

The item in question from the OP would be the first, but you don't even get the benefit of the buzz. No hootch involved, just bull. :D

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,910 Posts
Another useless product, and it's funny how they show different dyno reading from thier customers all over the world - pathethic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.