Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 C230 K sport
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1996 c230k charger isn't clicking in when I accelerate the engin above 2000 RPM, I've checked all the fuses, even put a brand new Bosch MAF on it but still nothing !!.
The engin has 136k Kilometers run on it.

Please any help is appreciated, I've just got no idea any more what the problem could be.

·
Registered
'99 2.3L Kompressor
1,944 Posts
Scan for codes. There are a number of things that can happen which will cause the computer to not allow the supercharger to kick in that are not due to a failure with the supercharger itself, so you don't want to start throwing parts at the car until you know more.

·
Registered
1997 C230 K sport
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scan for codes. There are a number of things that can happen which will cause the computer to not allow the supercharger to kick in that are not due to a failure with the supercharger itself, so you don't want to start throwing parts at the car until you know more.
Just had the engin scanned but absolutely no codes were displayed,
Super charger still not kicking in.

·
Registered
1997 C230 K sport
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I cold start or any time the sc doesn't kick in, I've heard something about a relay that has something to do with the sc, where about on the car do I find this?
Also does any body know what actually gives the signal to the sc that the engin has accelerated above the 2000 rpm mark for it to engage?

Thanks in advance for any info. Any one can give me on this problem.

·
Registered
W202 C230K, 1999, deep blue
2 Posts
I had the same problem too but resolved by cleaning MAF. It was coated with motor oil.

Did you replace intake air filter?

·
Registered
1999 SLK230, Silver, AMG Sport Package
21 Posts
When I cold start or any time the sc doesn't kick in, I've heard something about a relay that has something to do with the sc, where about on the car do I find this?
Also does any body know what actually gives the signal to the sc that the engin has accelerated above the 2000 rpm mark for it to engage?

Thanks in advance for any info. Any one can give me on this problem.
Under normal conditions the 12v is always present to the s/c clutch coil from the K40 relay module. Whe the car is in neutral or park, above 2000 rpm's the ME-SFI (ECM) activates the S/C clutch by grounding the return side of the coil (connector F, pin 21). When you are in drive it is activated as soon as the throttle is pressed (anything above idle). A common problem is bad solder joints on one of the relays on K40 module board. There are several threads out there discussing this.

Since this thread is several months old, I'm guessing you have it resolved by now but hopefully this can help others. :)

Rob

·
Registered
2000 C230, 2006 R350, 2006 SLK280
18 Posts
I had this problem a few years back, but it was intermittent. My indy repair guy found a sensor (on the gearbox or drivetrain?) that was not functioning so prevented the super charger form turning on. Cost me about $280 to fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts