Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Supercharger Oil

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BRRandom 
#1 ·
Hello Ladies & Gents,

First time Mercedes owner and have a question about the Supercharger Oil. From what I read, they say it's a lifetime synthetic oil, as in never needs to be replaced. I find this mildly suspicious (just like the auto transmission oil). At the moment the car has 175,000 kms or 108,740 miles. Seems reasonably easy to change, but is this necessary?

Thanx

2005 c230 Kompressor 1.8 L

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
It is the small plug at the front of the supercharger. I changed my oil when I replaced the cracked $12 hose underneath of the supercharger. Mine was off so it was fairly easy to drain but if you take a plastic syringe and put a little bit of aquarium air hose on the end of it so you can get it inside you can suck the fluid out that way pretty easily. Then just refill back to spec. You may need to move a few things out of the way to get good access to it and have a little extender magnet ready to catch it in case it decides to fall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.