Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supercharger not engaging all the time on full throttle

On my 02' SLK 32 that supercharger doesn't engage all the time on full throttle. The car normally runs great, but I'm only getting boost half the time under full load. It's either all or nothing. I never know when its going to happen. It's usually a 50% chance it will engage. I replaced the clutch and computer that regulates the clutch, with no luck. I thought it might be due to the blower heating up and shutting down to cool. The temperature has been about 40 degrees here, so there should be no cooling problem. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks for your help, guys!

brian

·
Registered
2017 VW GTI Autobahn / (Gone) '02 SLK32 AMG
372 Posts
Bingo. Check the fuse for the pump first, but most likely the intercooler pump has failed. I used the "sticky" and replaced it with one from a Ford Lightning in about an hour (taking my time). Pretty cheap fix.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
buggin said:
Bingo. Check the fuse for the pump first, but most likely the intercooler pump has failed. I used the "sticky" and replaced it with one from a Ford Lightning in about an hour (taking my time). Pretty cheap fix.
Thanks for your help, guys!

I thought the check engine light will come on when the pump fails, thats why I didnt pin it on that!?

brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts