Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first posting to the group and I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read it.

I've recently acquired a mercedes supercharger, just the blower, from a breaker who couldn't tell me much about it. I can tell its an Eaton supercharger but I can't tell which model. Does anybody know what model of mercedes it is for/from? I've included some pics.

Also the supercharger has an electronic motorised bypass flap in the unit's air intake assembly (in one of the pipe connectors (see pic)) on the electronics/motor casing is the part no: A 111 098 01 09.

I'd appreciate any help in solving this mystery, as I am considering using it to supercharge my car but I have no idea of the blower's specs without knowing which Eaton model it is.

Thanks,

PSX5.

Attachments

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
SuperchargeSEC may know, and posably MRTIKKET. They're the ones that posted the most about SC's.

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
It looks to be an Eaton M45. They are used on the 230 Kompressor engines. http://automotive.eaton.com/product/engine_controls/superchargers/M45.asp The M45 would be too small for any real performance improvement on V8 126's sold in the US.

·
Registered
12-Camel TT S600
1,794 Posts
how about twin supercharger setup.. using two chargers from C class kompressor..im sking this beacuse C class kompressor super chargers are the only ones i can get in a brisk..

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
1,989 Posts
Just get the proper size Eaton M112 or a centrifugal blower for your 560. A dual blower is possible but it's much more costly to have to make two brackets and all the related plumbing to save a little up-front on the blower. Search Ebay and you will find the Eaton M112's all day long off the Ford Lightnings and they often come with the air to water intercoolers already on them.

On another note, if you have a Euro 560 with high compression, a positive displacement blower is not what you want to run. The positive displacement blower will give you too much boost at lower rpm's and cause very bad preignition which can lead to engine failure. You really need to run a centrifugal if you want to do this project with a high compression motor.

·
Registered
97 Ford Scorpio Cosworth
702 Posts
i´m really thinking about the nitrous oxide, but then again i´m wondering if my engine would last since it has like 200k miles on it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts