Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
E320
Joined
·
2,798 Posts
very nice, but give me a week and i can make the same thing, if not better for $600. but i suppose if money isn't an issue, jump on it. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
Joined
·
7,218 Posts
I'm sorry but I can't see how a bunch of pipes is worth $1000 USD, it's not even inclusive of the supercharger....:confused:
 

·
Registered
2000 E55 AMG
Joined
·
126 Posts
Yah, a few shiny pipes and some brackets and clamps, for a grand? If I had the time and some liquor... lol, I could build that setup. mine would not be shiny. crummy thing would be buying a new supercharger for 2 grand!
 

·
Registered
1967 250SE RHD, 1969 300SE L, 1989 560SEC with AMG upgrades, 1998 s600 coupe
Joined
·
772 Posts
He says in the description " Whereas a stock 560 cannot break it's tires loose without power-braking, a supercharged 560 can easily smoke the rear tires without use of the brakes."

That's not true, is it? I brake tires loose and then some easy. It even jerks as it shifts gears.

Aren't all of you guys able to break tires loose on the take off?
 

·
Registered
E320
Joined
·
2,798 Posts
of course. i've just got a euro 500 and if i really want to i can smoke em out to redline. but my new falkens keep things in check to some extent. he's just trying to justify the price by the time and research. but it looks to me like a section of the pulley was just welded on and HOPEFULLY balanced. then that bracket with the tensioner can be made very easily. a trip to the JY, some measurements, some cutting/grinding/drilling and you've got yourself a mount for next to nothing. and the abrupt sharp bend on the piping is rediculous. a 13 year old girl could make a better piece! i'd at least expect an FMIC with full 3" ducting for $1500.. at least it's got ceramic coating, though..
 

·
Registered
1983 Mercedes-Benz W126 280 SE
Joined
·
961 Posts
There is something fishy goin on here..the pipes in the first pic look entirely different to the pipes in the second pic..just take a closer look at the lengths! I wouldn't trust this bloke with my $$ if my life depended on it! I thought he was a scammer/bullshit-artist from day one.

Haha, and to think everyone believed him just coz he is/'WAS' a Benzworld member! Ban this ripoff idiot for sure, mods!

Where are you now Supercharged_SEC?

Check this out folks...
 

Attachments

·
Moderator
Mercedes
Joined
·
9,038 Posts
I don't think the seller is SuperchargedSEC... but someone who purchased one of the sets in the group-buy he had.

$1500 for just plumbing is rediculous.... just some pipes with connector fittings. Even if its been coated, the price is rediculously high. As others said it, it can be fabricated for a lot less.. ane perhaps even better.

The set up is also one designed without an intercooler... so its really a very simple fabrication. If there was an intercooler and better fabriction, then I could understand the price... but the way it looks now, is overly priced.
 

·
Registered
1983 Mercedes-Benz W126 280 SE
Joined
·
961 Posts
Snibble said:
I don't think the seller is SuperchargedSEC... but someone who purchased one of the sets in the group-buy he had.

$1500 for just plumbing is rediculous.... just some pipes with connector fittings. Even if its been coated, the price is rediculously high. As others said it, it can be fabricated for a lot less.. ane perhaps even better.

The set up is also one designed without an intercooler... so its really a very simple fabrication. If there was an intercooler and better fabriction, then I could understand the price... but the way it looks now, is overly priced.
@ Snibble, did you not take note of anything I said? Check out the bloody pics dammit, they are 2 different kits, yet they are advertised as the same thing in the same listing..!?

And to Supercharged_SEC, I apologise to you mate. It didn't click that someone else may have already brought your kit beforehand, and wen't to sell it for themselves, so I apologise for this somewhat harsh accusation. ;-) I should really think before I act.

But now back to the main issue, what's with the pics?
 

·
Moderator
Mercedes
Joined
·
9,038 Posts
The Doggfather said:
@ Snibble, did you not take note of anything I said? Check out the bloody pics dammit, they are 2 different kits, yet they are advertised as the same thing in the same listing..!?
How are they different?:confused:
 

·
Registered
"500"sel, 560sec
Joined
·
2,036 Posts
they arnt different theres just no real meter for the different perspective they are the same if you know how big those plenum hats are, and the fact that the longer length of pipe is inserted into the elbow piece the wrong way in the lower photo would confuse some.
 

·
Registered
1983 Mercedes-Benz W126 280 SE
Joined
·
961 Posts
lander91 said:
they arnt different theres just no real meter for the different perspective they are the same if you know how big those plenum hats are, and the fact that the longer length of pipe is inserted into the elbow piece the wrong way in the lower photo would confuse some.
No no no, they are welds... check again!
 

·
Registered
560 SEC Supercharged(sold), E55 AMG, Renntech CL600 Bi-turbo, Porsche 928
Joined
·
1,989 Posts
The Doggfather said:
@ Snibble, did you not take note of anything I said? Check out the bloody pics dammit, they are 2 different kits, yet they are advertised as the same thing in the same listing..!?

And to Supercharged_SEC, I apologise to you mate. It didn't click that someone else may have already brought your kit beforehand, and wen't to sell it for themselves, so I apologise for this somewhat harsh accusation. ;-) I should really think before I act.

But now back to the main issue, what's with the pics?
This was sold, to the gentleman auctioning it, around 3 or 4 years ago. I'm not selling the kit. No offense taken. Nothing is wrong with the pictures and the guy selling the kit is a real stand-up guy.

EL TORO said:
Yah, a few shiny pipes and some brackets and clamps, for a grand? If I had the time and some liquor... lol, I could build that setup. mine would not be shiny. crummy thing would be buying a new supercharger for 2 grand!
It easy to copy something once it is made but try paying someone to come up with a kit from scratch. See how much you will spend in your R&D efforts. The only other kit on the market is from TDI/Mosselman and they want around $10,000 and it will only give you max of around 75 hp. Do you think that is any better? I had a Mosselman kit and it left me wanting for more hp. That's why I had this one designed and it gave me an additional 150 RWHP over stock.

The shiny coating is JetHot Sterling ceramic coating. It's ment to keep the plumbing cooler by reflecting the heat from the engine bay. Less heat = more hp. Not to mention, it keeps oxidation and or rust away from the aluminum and steel components. In other words, it's a protective coating to manage heat and oxidation for greater longevity of the engine and supercharging components. I guess I could have gone with the plain, black, or blue coating but I thought Sterling looked the best.

Once again, I had this kit designed because I had the Mosselman/TDI kit and it did not give me nearly enough power and had no room for upgrades. You could make an SEC with over 1000 HP from this kit, if you wanted, with the right Procharger and engine rebuild. You would have to upgrade to the custom billet aluminum cog pulley I had ASP design for me but that was around $1,000 just for the pulley! Custom one-off components are not cheap! ASP Racing 1 877 928 8678

The wild bend you see to the left of the engine bay was designed for greater flow than a mandrel 3" 120 degree aluminum bend. It would have been great if I could have done a 90 degree off the blower and gone straight back but Procharger did not make this discharge and a right side discharge was available only on the reverse spin Procharger which wouldn't work for this engine.

The system on my car was fitted with a custom air-to-air intercooler and methanol/water injection system. The new owner is putting a full EFI system on the car and should make over 500 hp with the new mods and will greatly improve the reliability and driveability of the engine over the stock CIS.

This kit is great for someone who wants a basic supercharged engine and not spend $10,000 on a kit. You could get a used Procharger P1SC, the Flex-a-lite FLX-210 electric fan, MSD Boost timing master and MSD ignition, Snow Methanol injection system and have an SEC with over 400 hp and even more torque. My last dyno run had my SEC at 340+ RWHP and 400 + RWTQ. That was enough power to smoke the 275 mm rear tires pretty much at will with the blip of the throttle. The dyno chart is in my gallery if anyone wants to take a look.
 

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC, 2005 E320
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
ChopTop250SE said:
He says in the description " Whereas a stock 560 cannot break it's tires loose without power-braking, a supercharged 560 can easily smoke the rear tires without use of the brakes."

That's not true, is it? I brake tires loose and then some easy. It even jerks as it shifts gears.

Aren't all of you guys able to break tires loose on the take off?

oh yeah. and then some. I can, if i wanted to, burn through first and chirp second.
 

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC, 2005 E320
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
The Doggfather said:
There is something fishy goin on here..the pipes in the first pic look entirely different to the pipes in the second pic..just take a closer look at the lengths! I wouldn't trust this bloke with my $$ if my life depended on it! I thought he was a scammer/bullshit-artist from day one.

Haha, and to think everyone believed him just coz he is/'WAS' a Benzworld member! Ban this ripoff idiot for sure, mods!

Where are you now Supercharged_SEC?

Check this out folks...
definately a different kit. The blue connectors are totally different, but the lengths look about right. It's kinda worthless though without the supercharger.
 

·
Registered
1983 Mercedes-Benz W126 280 SE
Joined
·
961 Posts
The connectors are different, but so are the lengths in the pipes! I can't believe noone else can see this...very frustrating indeed. Anywho...

@ Supercharged_SEC... it's not in the pipes where the real power is made, sure that's a small factor, but it's inevitably all about the blower baby!
 

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC, 2005 E320
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
the longer connectors make up for the shorter pipes. total length looks about the same.
 

·
Registered
1983 Mercedes-Benz W126 280 SE
Joined
·
961 Posts
No No No! Look at the whole shape and design, it's totally different! I'll wait till someone with at least half a brain tries to respond.
 

·
Registered
1985 500 SEC, 2005 E320
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
The Doggfather said:
No No No! Look at the whole shape and design, it's totally different! I'll wait till someone with at least half a brain tries to respond.

woof. :twak:

Ok. under closer observation, you may be right. the angle is all wrong. the first bend is way to short making the angle to the intake totally wrong. I doubt it would even reach the intake. it would end up near the thermostat somewhere, way far forward of the intake.

maybe if you explained what exactly was wrong to begin with, rather than saying it's different, you may have had a better response. But maybe your first observation should have been reserved for someone with half a brain. touche`:rotfl:
 

·
Registered
E320
Joined
·
2,798 Posts
okay, i saw that they were different from the get-go, but why bother to mention it. they are esentially the same, just the piping is curved on one, the angles are different, the protruding holes on the side of the pipes are different.. that doesn't really matter. anyone could replicate the piping in less than an hour.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top