Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks for any help and I have looked at all past posts but they don't seem to be specific enough for my comfort level. Do you need to suck the oil out and if so where is the fill hole. Do you then remove the front end of the s/c and take that to the hyd press for the new bearing or does the whole s/c need to be removed? Where do you buy the replacement oil and do you fill to edge of hole? Any videos of this operation would be great. Thanks in advance for any help and please realize i'm learning. 2003c32.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Take the single bolt ( 13mm ) off the pulley and the S/C should come off easily or with some "gentle" and/or even prying. Don't lose the shims which will you'll find between the clutch and supercharger itself. Unless your experienced and confident, you should stop from going any further and take everything to a shop with a press and pay someone the $50 to do the removal/replacement of the bearing.

As for the S/C oil level, it can be sucked-out or merely checked and topped off, but the oil is very expensive so be prepared and don't be tempted to use a product other than MB approved oil.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Johneurostar. After more reading I see I was looking to make the project harder than Need be. I

1 - 3 of 3 Posts