Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling a 1998 supercharged C43. I have owned the car nearly a year and the supercharger has less than 1200 miles on it. I am selling because I would like to buy a Porsche Turbo. The car is in excellent condition and was never in an accident or had any paintwork done to it. Here is a list of further details:

-Black/ with amg two tone interior.
-52000 miles (only 1200 with HPS supercharger)
-runs very strong, no mechanical issues.

This is an incredible car and I am willing to sell for a reasonable price. Call me at 214 663-1009 for more information.

Charlie

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
Charlie45 - 3/28/2005 10:00 PM

I am selling a 1998 supercharged C43. I have owned the car nearly a year and the supercharger has less than 1200 miles on it. I am selling because I would like to buy a Porsche Turbo. The car is in excellent condition and was never in an accident or had any paintwork done to it. Here is a list of further details:

-Black/ with amg two tone interior.
-52000 miles (only 1200 with HPS supercharger)
-runs very strong, no mechanical issues.

This is an incredible car and I am willing to sell for a reasonable price. Call me at 214 663-1009 for more information.

Charlie
I am really interested in a photo of the engine with the HPS unit onboard.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I assume you are the guy who had Karl install the SC in Dallas?

I get my W111 serviced with him. Did you get everything up and running?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am considering adding a supercharger to my own 99 C43.

Was the modification what you expected?
If you had to do it all over again, what would you do different from your current car?

What brands of blowers are avaialble.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I definitely recommend the supercharger. My initial concerns were reliability, however I have the s/c for app. 5000 with no issues at all. It obviously depends on how well you maintain your vehicle and that you're diligent about not flooring it before the oil temperature has warmed up. As long as you take these sort of precautions you should have no issues with a s/c.

In terms of power & performance, the difference between before and after the install is night and day. I have not had it dynoed yet, but I assume that 400hp is a conservative number. Traction is definitely an issue (especially when wet).

My system is the HPS generation I (no longer manufactured), they currently offer an intercooled version with more boost. check out www.myhps.com for more info.

Use the search and you will find a plethora topics discussing superchargers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts