Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 CLK 55 AMG
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best Supercharger for my 2002 CLK 55 AMG. I am looking at RENNtech (very expensive), HPS, and Kleemann.

Is it true that I can go from a 0-60 time (stock) of 4.9 to 4.0 (0 to 60) with just a supercharger?

Any suggestions or impute would be appreciated.

·
Registered
233 Posts
As many of you know, a 2002 CLK55 does not stock have a super charger.

HPS is offering deals in the LA area for testers of their new series of super chargers for the 55 series.

I am not sure what the actual 0-60 gain is but a 100+ gain from adding a SC is a serious performance enhancement in anyone's book.

·
Registered
233 Posts
opps I meant to say will add 100+ horsepower gain to the already nice 346hp the car came with stock.

450+hp plus the increase in torque will turn your CLK55 into a true street monster with hard to solve, great fun, traction related issues!

·
Registered
2001 Clk55
21 Posts
Just a thought but you also might want to invest in your suspension as well. You will be adding significant horsepower and you might want to ask your local tuner shop on their thoughts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How's well does the transmission and rest of the driveline handle the additional HP and torque?? Anyone been running a SC for a long time?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts