Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I tried searching the forums to find a thread on this topic but couldn't find one. I was wondering how white halogen bulbs would look on a w210. I currently have stock bulbs. I wanted to get HID's but I didn't want to go through the hassle of the light malfunction.

1) Are the white bulbs going to illuminate the road better than the stocks?
2) How many watts is an ideal amount?
3) I would need 4 H7 bulbs for the high and low beams?
4) I would need 2 H1 bulbs for the fog lights, what would I need for the 2 lights closest to the grill?

·
Registered
2000 E430 (base), 77 450SL, 89 420SEL, 97 E420
295 Posts
Go to Daniel Stern Lighting. Often mentioned on this site. He is nothing short of a genius when it comes to car lighting and illumination. He will give you a good ear full, and his site has many very good and well written texts, mostly on the research HE conducted. Just purchased some H7 Osram ralley 65w, and the difference is truly day at night.

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,106 Posts
Hey everybody. I tried searching the forums to find a thread on this topic but couldn't find one. I was wondering how white halogen bulbs would look on a w210. I currently have stock bulbs. I wanted to get HID's but I didn't want to go through the hassle of the light malfunction.

1) Are the white bulbs going to illuminate the road better than the stocks?
2) How many watts is an ideal amount?
3) I would need 4 H7 bulbs for the high and low beams?
4) I would need 2 H1 bulbs for the fog lights, what would I need for the 2 lights closest to the grill?
bulb type answered here:
OSRAM SYLVANIA - Replacement Guide - Start

legal wattage in the USA is 55 watts low beam, 60 watts high

·
Registered
163 Posts
I recently upgraded my stock H7 bulbs to Osram Night Breaker +90% bulbs. Im very pleased with the upgrade. and they are pefectly legal, 55w bulbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked sylvania for the bulb sizes. I can't figure out what bulbs I need for the inner middle head lights though. What are those lights considered, or what is the correct name for them?

Probably going to purchase the DS H7 bulbs, H1's for the fogs, and whatever size bulbs the inner lights are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts