Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this has been posted a few times with no success. from the pictures i've seen the thing looks brand new. great find for someone. if anyone is SERIOUS about the car i can go look at it for/with them. if its still for sale after december 10th i'll probably buy it:thumbsup:

Mercedes Benz 420 SEL

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
this has been posted a few times with no success. from the pictures i've seen the thing looks brand new. great find for someone. if anyone is SERIOUS about the car i can go look at it for/with them. if its still for sale after december 10th i'll probably buy it:thumbsup:

Mercedes Benz 420 SEL
I'm actually looking for another one for a family member, but this ad doesn't have any more pics and he says he doesn't want emails..so...?

Update: He's gonna hate me, but I emailed him anyways and asked for pics, since he only has one pic in his ad. I figure if he's serious, he'll send them to me. If not..oh well..

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
803 Posts
Why not call and ask for more pics since that is obviously the way he prefers it?

As for the ad, I don't understand why people post for sale ads with little info and either no pics or bad pics. Its even better when they wonder why they don't sell things.

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
I am super busy during the day, so this way if I email him at least I got things started..otherwise I know I will forget to call him..lol. Also, I have noticed most of these ads have cell numbers where people never pick up and you leave a message and then don't hear back. But to be honest, if you can't even answer an email then you prob don't really want to sell it..I know I would answer emails if it were my ride for sale, ya know?

Might be he doesn't really want to sell so he makes it hard..maybe that way he can justify still having it to his spouse who wants him to get rid of it..I've heard similar stories like that..lol.

·
Registered
1983 500 SEC Lorinser 1971 280se w108
1,963 Posts
I spend several hours a week answering questions via emails that could have been answered in seconds on the phone...
I like it even better when I talk to some one on the phone and answer someones question and the end the conversation with
" cool so could you put that in an email for me"
...why? do you have the memory of a freekn gold fish? or do you think I was lying and need to colate evidence to protect your self from my future deseptions...
.......At least its not as bad as txting....
Rant over.

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
I spend several hours a week answering questions via emails that could have been answered in seconds on the phone...
I like it even better when I talk to some one on the phone and answer someones question and the end the conversation with
" cool so could you put that in an email for me"
...why? do you have the memory of a freekn gold fish? or do you think I was lying and need to colate evidence to protect your self from my future deseptions...
.......At least its not as bad as txting....
Rant over.
If your answering that many emails a week then I can understand what your saying..probably work related too. But if your just selling one car it shouldn't be a big deal. Especially when it's him who needs to sell and not the other way around, and it's a buyers market right now for W126's. Anyways..we'll see what happens. :)

·
Registered
1991 w126 420SEL, 1986 w126 Euro 560SEC (option 822), 2000 E55, 2003 E55, 2003 SL55
512 Posts
If it was not for crappy craigslist adds I would never find the cars I am want for what I am willing to pay. Keep the crap adds coming folks. I only need your VIN to decide whether I will swing in and take a look.

·
Registered
1983 500 SEC Lorinser 1971 280se w108
1,963 Posts
But if your just selling one car it shouldn't be a big deal
I totally agree answering emails when selling a car isnt a big deal
But if the car is cheap and a couple of people are keen the guy who rings up and asks the right questions is showing an active interest and will probably score a view and the chance to buy first

Fortune favors the bold!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
If it was not for crappy craigslist adds I would never find the cars I am want for what I am willing to pay. Keep the crap adds coming folks. I only need your VIN to decide whether I will swing in and take a look.
might be a crap ad but i've seen 5-10 pictures of it and this thing is CLEAN. his previous postings were more detailed. if i remember right it's the 3rd post, the 1st starting around march. If the body is immaculate it's a great find

it could be a 1 owner, the man(owner) was atleast 70 in the other pictures i've seen of him standing next to the car. i'm free this weekend and can take a look if the weathers nice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I talked with the owner twice to set up a look at the car. The owner was actually a very nice person. The owner was leaving the country when I called the first time. The owner was busy when I called the second time and he had no time to show me the car. The car had been parked for a few years and the AC did not work (as expected).

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I talked with the owner twice to set up a look at the car. The owner was actually a very nice person. The owner was leaving the country when I called the first time. The owner was busy when I called the second time and he had no time to show me the car. The car had been parked for a few years and the AC did not work (as expected).
dang. sounds like it can be hand for next if it isn't already gone.

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
Now that I think about it I really don't like the red color..but hopefully if you like it and it checks out mechanically you can get it. Don't forget to run the VIN number.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts