Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
'84 500 SEC Euro 040 black Lorinser 2005 sl500
2,516 Posts
There is nothing wrong with a bit of duct tape on a 27 year old classic like a nice 380 shorty (a very nice looking shorty you have if you ask me) to see how it would look with some nice mopar "upgrades" to this Mercedes.

It is a shame that a lot of us here haven't figured out that duct tape and trash bags could give us a much broader vision of what these old bones cars could look like if we just put our minds to envisioning "what if".

I agree, duct tape away! Tape down some trash bags for contrasting color, throw on some JC Whitney side, hood, window scoops for good measure, then try and figure out why these less visual progressive folk on the forum wonder why the resale value of w126's keep dropping.

I know you are probably just bored, but really?!! I am all for some mods that no one looks at doing until they are done (look at the guy from the Netherlands? who banged out a fantastic Wald build that most would have passed on because it was "too much"...looked great to me).

Make sure to get the multi-colored 6 pack of duct tape so we can get the whole idea of the bumble b style, paste it on hard so as to not let it rip off easially in the wind while street racing, and enjoy what you come up with. Here is my vision in the picture:

(the last picture is of me when I used duct tape to help me with a crack in my body work..troll post by op or no troll post..I enjoyed this one so that I would have an answer for those folks that always ask "why are w126 prices in the crapper?).

Attachments

·
Registered
1987 SEC 560 43,000 miles. Origionally sold in Hong Kong.
141 Posts
Go for it, it's your car.

What a boring world it would be if we all had the same views, attitudes and values.

·
Registered
1974 280se w116, 1986 560sec
309 Posts
ya know some mods are kool and brave and bold and look good and all that, but superbee stripes? ya know i saw a guy few weeks ago has a sonata with all kinds of nice ground effects rims and a lot of nice little mods to make you wonder what kind of car it is, then you see a lexus symbol on his windshield and on the trunk. and he got butt hurt cause we were laughing at it...it's your car do the mods and be brave but just know why and what people are laughing at when they point at you lol

ok i'll stop now. good luck with your mods :)

·
Registered
1983 500 SEC Lorinser 1971 280se w108
1,963 Posts
this is a hard hard place with a rough rough crowd
For the benefit of anyone out there reading this thread being put off from doing stuff on your car because of fear of ridicule
Instead of posting a thread to gain approval of others before doing it ( If its left of center most people will hate on you)
Just do it and post a thread with the results
If something is awesome to you F**k what others think

·
Registered
1989 300SE (Rear Ended & Junked) 1995 E420, Fully Loaded with Ortho Seats & Rear Sun Shade :)
503 Posts
joeSEC;4476324 ... doing stuff on your car because of fear of ridicule ... [/QUOTE said:
I don't think it's the fear of ridicule, but imo the problem lies in the fact that a Merc body does not lend itself to these fun mods. Too exec and sober looking. If not, there would have been plenty cars on the road carrying these mods.

·
Registered
W126 500 SEL 9/85 W124 E320T Brabus
2,075 Posts
I don't think it's the fear of ridicule, but imo the problem lies in the fact that a Merc body does not lend itself to these fun mods. Too exec and sober looking. If not, there would have been plenty cars on the road carrying these mods.
+1

It would be like a man wearing high heels :rolleyes:

But as said - if you like it... :D

·
Registered
1989 300SE (Rear Ended & Junked) 1995 E420, Fully Loaded with Ortho Seats & Rear Sun Shade :)
503 Posts
LOL .. especially @ the right of way ...

PS: Even in a shiity city as NYC, I do get away with barging into the traffic :)

Edit: But seriously, the S-Class does not really lend itself to these fun mods. Now, if it was a beemer with its sporty looks, especially the 850Ci, now that's a diff story.

·
Registered
503 Posts
haha ... wish I could ... especially now that 81126 has listed his and I was secretly lusting for it :(

·
Registered
'87 560SEC: '86 AMG 560SEC: '87 560SEL - PAST: Heckflosse 190 & 230S
1,479 Posts
Full Monty

Don't listen to them. Listen to the voice of reason. Go for it, the full package. Post pics when you're done.
Yeah paint not tape... why go fake when you can create 'real' :topic:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2009 CL63 AMG / 2013 GL550
1,412 Posts
Well thank you!

I think peeps just think the W126's are above personalizing, unless it is amg or the sort. I imagine there are all sorts of paint jobs that would be pretty KOOL on these.
Well, you could always make a video of yourself talking about your car and send it to MTV. Xzibit will paint it pink and find some way to shove like 5 plasma TVs and an Xbox in there

·
Registered
503 Posts
Well, you could always make a video of yourself talking about your car and send it to MTV. Xzibit will paint it pink and find some way to shove like 5 plasma TVs and an Xbox in there
+25:thumbsup:

Although, eurospec, I don't promise to follow you on this. However, if you do this, I promise to make my several '00 friends on FB to watch your show and get it high TRP ratings :D

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
14,461 Posts
That looks kinda good actually. Suits the colour and the convertibleness.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts